POLL- How many different kinds of food do you feed and why?

How many different kinds of food do you feed?

• Total voters

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get some inout on feeding schedules, Coral only systems, Fish only systems, and mixed reef systems. Why types of food do you use and what is your frequency of feedings?

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got 2 tanks running in my 32 biocube i u feed flakes in morning and then i do a blend of flakes frozen mysis and dead tigger pods and my 110 get that in the evening as well, the reason i do that is because my biocube has a bta which i hand feed. and in the morning i do nori and flakes in the 110.

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a mixture of different things! Mixture of thawed frozen Brine/Mysis/phytoplankton in the morning before work, autofeeder feeds NLS Thera A twice a day, mid morning and afternoon, then Brine/Mysis/Phyto mixture again in the evening combined with reef roids/phytoplankton before lights out, also do Red Sea AB+ every other day in the evening sometime.

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use lrs reef frenzy, lrs fish frenzy, frozen brine, some multi pack, reef roids and phytochrom for my mixed reef

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two tanks
20 Gal Mixed reef (softys/Lps) 2 Clowns, Fire shrimp
Pellets in AM
Cube of mysis twice a week
Pinch of reef roids once a week

7.5g Mixed (lots of mushrooms, easy sps, 1 cyphastrea, sexy shrimp, rainford goby,)
Flake in PM
Brightwell Aminos in PM
Light dust of reef roids 2 times a week. Just cover the tip of my finger and rinse it in front of the pump
Pods every 3/4 months

squampton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 foods, NLS flakes in the morning and then in the evening I rotate in frozen foods, I usually feed mysis, plankton and a mixed frozen marine food.

Fish and soft corals only.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed reef with a pair of clowns, goby, potters angel, kole tang and then mostly wrasses, some more picky ones like leopards and a anampses.

The main things I feed are: Pellets, Masstick (with selcon), spirulina brine, live clams (that I freeze then chop), live black worms, live white worms, mysis, LRS reef frenzy, fresh baby brine shrimp, and nori.

I feed 3-6 times a day depending if I work or not. An auto feeder feeds twice a day then I either give live/frozen and nori once before work or several times throughout the day on my days off.

Corals also have been getting KZ 1234 once a week but plan to try the red sea stuff when it runs out (I got some with a tank I bought).

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my 210 softy tank
Clam, mussels, salmon, scallops, and any other seafood that looks good mix it with nori, spirulina powder, nls pellets, and chlorella flakes. Mixed blended and froze into ziplock bags. Makes a ton of food for way cheaper than any prepackaged stuff plus I know what’s in it.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed the tank mysis, LRS reef frenzy, Sometimes WWC frozen food, Roids by hand once a week, and times i alternate some piscine Mysis pellets. The fish i believe are pretty happy with that diet so far, and my coral usually love it as well. Everything that i feed was recommended by someone who i trust and whose opinion is backed up by owning years of beautiful reefs. Worst thing that has happened so far is my nitrates being "david and the dentist" kind of high.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS food once a day and mysis (for the pipefish) Fresh or frozen clams and live white worms a couple of times a week.

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed reef with a pair of clowns, goby, potters angel, kole tang and then mostly wrasses, some more picky ones like leopards and a anampses.

The main things I feed are: Pellets, Masstick (with selcon), spirulina brine, live clams (that I freeze then chop), live black worms, live white worms, mysis, LRS reef frenzy, fresh baby brine shrimp, and nori.

I feed 3-6 times a day depending if I work or not. An auto feeder feeds twice a day then I either give live/frozen and nori once before work or several times throughout the day on my days off.

Corals also have been getting KZ 1234 once a week but plan to try the red sea stuff when it runs out (I got some with a tank I bought).
You have some lucky livestock, keep up the great work :)

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to share your schedule?
Of course, I feed one frozen entree for dinner. I rotate between reef frenzy, fish frenzy and brine. The dried seaweed sheets is every other day for the tangs. Twice a week for the corals with alternating reef roids and phytochrom. I've cut way back on the amounts due to getting my nitrates and phosphates down.

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make my own food. So, there's a lot of different stuff in there. I also feed a small amount of flakes at lunch, tang loves it. You can't tell a tang no.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wouldn’t just eat cheeseburger with every meal why should your fish.
i see this same question a lot with dog food and just have to believe that a varied diet has to be better for our captive animals unless their a species that only eats one thing in nature

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back