(Poll) How many of you use EcoSmart Live?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

How many of you use EcoSmart Live?

• Total voters

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you use EcoSmart Live?

ecotech.jpg

TD13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use is pretty regularly. When I'm cleaning in my tank, it's great to adjust the lights so I can see better. Also, I am fine tuning the colors during the off peak photo period to maximize color! Beats tethering up with the lap top.

johne3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it. The feed mode feature on my Apple Watch is pretty convenient. Tap tap feed

josh.j.avila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it to set up my light, but I don't have internet living out in the country. Have to use a mobile hot spot, that will change shortly when we move into the city.

johne3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I love it when it works, especially the watch feature, but it does get buggy

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like others have said use it for adjusting the lights on the fly ;) I have my radion set to cut on at 2:30 (since I work until about 5-6) so on the weekends when I do maintenance I like to be able to cut them on with my phone. I also use it to adjust the lights for taking pics.
I do not run vortech pumps (I have tried time and time again lol I have bought and sold 3 mp10s) however I am looking to replace my return pump, and have been looking at the vectra, just curious about the amount of heat it puts out (my mag 9.5 is killing me)

I would like to see some new toys for esl tho..... I remember when the reeflink first came out there was talks about (in the future) using it as a full fledged controller like the apex, I really hope you guys are working on this :nudge: the possibilities with esl are limitless, I just wish there were more ways to take advantage of it :/

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Respectfully, I do not. Made the purchase, but never hooked my Radion or Vortechs to it because I wanted to be very stream line with my set up and have everything available to me through Apex Fusion. It was a little difficult at first for me to find the correct setting with my Radion, but I am very satisfied with my current set up with the WXM module.

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to use it, but when I logged on it said I had to update it....I tried but I kept getting a "bridge"error try again... I kept trying I'm not sure if it updated correctly or not, but now it won't go online.... however my ESL app is connected, no problem. I don't know what to do to get it back on-line and working? I've tried emailing Ecotech, but no reply. Not sure where to turn... any ideas?

Wy8tt_Earp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it to setup my lights and pumps. Works much better setting up the lights and pumps from a laptop. Lots of issues when I setup my lights and pumps from my iPhone.

California Reef Co.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually use a combination of EcoSmart Live and Apex Fusion to control the equipment in our shop. Both accessed via Desktop.

The LPS Frag Tank System in our shop is powered by 10 Radion XR30 Pros which we control via EcoSmart Live.

The Kessil and AI Hydra lights over our display tanks are controlled via Apex Fusion.

Our SPS Frag Tank System is mostly powered by ATI T5 fixtures which are controlled by simple light timers.

Almost all other non-light related equipment (dosing pump, wave makers, heaters, etc.) are controlled via Apex Fusion.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to use it, but when I logged on it said I had to update it....I tried but I kept getting a "bridge"error try again... I kept trying I'm not sure if it updated correctly or not, but now it won't go online.... however my ESL app is connected, no problem. I don't know what to do to get it back on-line and working? I've tried emailing Ecotech, but no reply. Not sure where to turn... any ideas?

I had the same problem with the last update.

If possible...

1) Connect your computer directly to the ReefLink with the USB cable.

2) (If you don't have the software still from initial ReefLink setup...) downs and run the ReefLink Setup software located @ http://tiny.cc/reeflink

3) When you run the application a login screen will prompt you to login. Use your ESL login/password to login.

4) From there you'll see a drop down option menu with "update firmware" as an option.

5) Choose "update firmware" and use the latest update from EcoTech (topmost option).

6) The firmware will update and reset your ReefLink... Give it a few minutes to reconnect to your internet (blue circle on ReefLink) and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps. I don't have my computer in front of me, so these steps are off the top of my head from a few days ago what I did it personally.

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

rsav

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. Works great with reeflink. Recommend setting your light/pump schedules through desktop browser first. Use the phone app as a remote control. Android app is a simple click for feed mode, then click to normal.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it to setup my lights and pumps. Works much better setting up the lights and pumps from a laptop. Lots of issues when I setup my lights and pumps from my iPhone.

I agree, the mobile/tablet programming interface seems a bit "clunky" and at times unresponsive. I'll bring it up again with our Test Team and the EcoTech programmer.

If you'd like, please start a new thread with the issues/improvements you find or would like to see with mobile programming. This will make it easy for others to chime in and for me to point the proper folks in the right direction. [emoji4]

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. Works great with reeflink. Recommend setting your light/pump schedules through desktop browser first. Use the phone app as a remote control. Android app is a simple click for feed mode, then click to normal.

Agreed! As I mentioned above, let's get a new thread posted about improvements we'd like to see in the mobile programming features. We could finally see what we want out of that function! [emoji106]

Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back