Poll: How old is your oldest SW fish? And what is it?

How old is your oldest SW fish? And what is it?

• Total voters

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a regal tang for about 17 years in a 120 gal fowlr that I maintain.

The percula clowns in my reef tank I've had for about 12 years.

Nothing special with diet or husbandry, both get some type of pelleted diet, nori for the tang and occasionally formula one frozen for the reef.

wowkingjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 23 years old purple tang might be a little older, a black clown ocellaris is about 10 years, feed them variety of frozen cubes (Brine shrimp, Mysis , Rod's Food, Cyclops, Emerald Entrée & Fish Eggs) one per day so they eat something different everyday. Also give them once in awhile spectrum marine and seaweed extreme. I also give my tangs (blue regal) green, red and purple seaweed daily basis.

falconut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of clowns in my previous tank that I had around 10 years, but they started bothering my clam, so I sold them. Now, my oldest are a Yellow Tang and a Yellow Watchman Goby I got a little over 6 years ago.

I don't go crazy with WCs and such, but do make sure my parameters are within check. I also feed frozen mysis, frozen brine, frozen plankton, multiple types/brands of pellets and flakes and nori. So, I believe keep the parameters good and feed a variety of foods, gives them the best chance to survive long term.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanurus Wrasse (juvie). Had him for a year this month.

Dennis McGrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clown fish and he's 2 months old. He has quite the personality. When he sees me holding the fish food container in my hand he goes berzerk.

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang and clowns are the age of the tank (after cycling of course), they were my first additions when I got back into the hobby.

Whiskey

Initialr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
female Gold Stripe Maroon Clown 10 and going and her mate is roughly 8 and going. They've gone through multiple extended power outages from hurricanes, temp surge from a malfunctioning heater, periods of tank influx. Though majority of their lives has been in stable conditions, they have endured some events in their lives as well. raised them both from when they were 2-3 months old

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4' Gymnothorax Undulatus (Undulated Moray) named Hannibal lived for 25 years with me. He? was ~18" long when I got him so I would put his actual age somewhere around 28-30.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Coral Beauty (been in the tank just over two years). Oldest I've had was a YWG that made it over 10 years (thought it was dead years prior but it popped out when we were moving the tank for a move).

2. No clue; it was a tough lil sucker. Last time I saw it, there were little bumps (cysts?) all over its body.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My oldest fish is a firefish, 3 years old. First fish I got once getting back into the hobby.

Huge variety of quality food - appropriate tank mates - lots of places for fish to hide.

DRoth335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
desjardini sailfin tang which we got as a 2-3" petco special. Is definitely the tank boss but not overly aggressive.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 67 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 57 30.3%
Back