Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running Orphek atlantik V4 for a mixed reef. Debating going to all T5 with sunpower 6x39 watt fixture.

Looking for better color and growth.

The sunpower unit would have to hang from my orphek tank mounts. ATI North America has the 36" fixture at 19 lbs, with bulbs about 20 lbs. The orphek tank mounts are listed to hold a 24 pound orphek per their website. I'd imagine it would be fine to suspend the ATI fixture from the tank mounts. Having a lid custom build for the tank and these mounts are built into that design.

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would prob stick with the Orphek, but if you really wanted to upgrade, you can always get the ATI Powermodule hybrid. Best of both worlds T5/LED

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say go with a Hybrid. I have one in my 120 gal tank and plan on adding one to my current build. Its the best of both worlds. :) I like the Aquatic Life Hybrid. I will go with a Aquatic Life X18 61 in non dimmable on my 225 tank.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edit: Just found the specs on BRS. 7" between T5s on the 36" aquatic life hybrid fixture. The orphek is almost 9.4" wide.

I didn't want to hang anything from the ceiling since I already have these nice tank mounts. I wouldn't be opposed to adding at least 1x 36" T5 tube to the front and back if that was possible, or it might be getting pretty cobbled at that point.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say go with a Hybrid. I have one in my 120 gal tank and plan on adding one to my current build. Its the best of both worlds. :) I like the Aquatic Life Hybrid. I will go with a Aquatic Life X18 61 in non dimmable on my 225 tank.
I have a non dimmable Aquatic Life with a Kessil A360 on my little tank and I'm impressed so far with the short time I've been using it.

I'd go hybrid, but I understand how that might be difficult with the Orphek's because of their shape and size.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't with Orphek's because of the way they exhaust air, they do it thru the sides. Since OP has Orpheks, they would probably have to install some T5 2 bulb fixtures on a mount on either side of the Orphek and leave space for them to breath.

I had just saw the poll and responded based on the pole.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back