Polygem sculpting epoxy what is your experience? Is it reef safe?

Augus7us

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated in the title, have you used polygem? If so how was your experience and what was in your tank (corals, fish only, etc)?

I bought some about 7 years ago because I saw it on tanked, but never used it. From what I can find its still made and being used in public aquariums, so I'd like to think its reef safe.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated in the title, have you used polygem? If so how was your experience and what was in your tank (corals, fish only, etc)?

I bought some about 7 years ago because I saw it on tanked, but never used it. From what I can find its still made and being used in public aquariums, so I'd like to think its reef safe.
what are you going to do with it?

OP
OP
Augus7us

Augus7us

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to sculpt some live rock type stuff to hide equipment. I have also had some ideas for some decorative frag plugs, we will call them and want to try some casting and stamping.

I'm familiar with glue and rock/sand. I've used the two part putty for mounting frags and making small live rock type stuff. It would work for stamping but not for casting and its too pricey.

The polygem is perfect and I'm surprised no one has used it, since it was on practically every episode of tanked.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back