Sneaky's 225 gallon!

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir! Tank is finally stable and running well

That's like the best feeling ever. calcium reactors are too, not having to mix and fill 2 part anymore is so much more satisfying than I expected.

Everything looks good! It seems r2r unwatched this thread... That keeps happening for some reason. But only after I finally downloaded Tapatalk o_O

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's like the best feeling ever. calcium reactors are too, not having to mix and fill 2 part anymore is so much more satisfying than I expected.

Everything looks good! It seems r2r unwatched this thread... That keeps happening for some reason. But only after I finally downloaded Tapatalk o_O

Isn’t it tho?!!? Not having to worry and check the tank every day is such a relief. I leave for weekends and the only thing I have to check is the ato has water.

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cd4d782b8148a7fa94f905025c17aa5d.jpg

My calrx pump sprung a leak. Now the tank gets to run for a week without a calcium reactor -_-

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cd4d782b8148a7fa94f905025c17aa5d.jpg

My calrx pump sprung a leak. Now the tank gets to run for a week without a calcium reactor -_-

How long has it been running? I find they need to be relubricated early and often, it's the wearing down of the lubricant that destroys the hoses

Last edited:
OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been running? I find they need to be relubricated early and often, it's the wearing down of the lubricant that destroys the hoses

5ish months. I didn’t know they needed lubrication but I’m definitely gonna take that into consideration

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5ish months. I didn’t know they needed lubrication but I’m definitely gonna take that into consideration
Just like a doser. Some replace the heads every 6-12 months, some lubricate every 6-12 months. But this happens to all dosing pumps given enough time!

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like a doser. Some replace the heads every 6-12 months, some lubricate every 6-12 months. But this happens to all dosing pumps given enough time!

Yea I was thinking about throwing a little wd in the head before setting it back up. We’ll see how long the head last now. Really hope it lasts for at least another year. I’ll sell some frags to raise funds for a master flex or higher end pump.

I’ve gotten to the point where I believe the tank needs to support itself.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty awesome!
I’ve seen some of the stuff @TheHarold has made and it’s pretty cool. I think he could have a legit business with some of the items.

Thanks! Yeah the kessil guards are great; super simple, but make a huge difference in maintaining the sump.

I’m trying to expand, coming up with a bunch of different items

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty awesome!
I’ve seen some of the stuff @TheHarold has made and it’s pretty cool. I think he could have a legit business with some of the items.

Thanks! Yeah the kessil guards are great; super simple, but make a huge difference in maintaining the sump.

I’m trying to expand, coming up with a bunch of different items

just coming up with simple like these and you could be on the way to a small business. Your apex controller toggle box is another Item i see some people making with the printer but no one I’ve seen makes the kessil product. Simple but effective. Well done sir

Awesome pictures! Keep them coming!

Thank you [emoji5]

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really started to raise my ph the past 2 weeks and since then this piece has just taken off

Tgc cherry bomb [emoji378]
227965ba5b0c40a3db70fe559da1bbe4.jpg

Wow, beautiful! I have a 1” frag of that- good polyp extension but nowhere close to those growth tips.

How are you raising PH? Skimmer line outside? C02 absorbing media on intake?

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, beautiful! I have a 1” frag of that- good polyp extension but nowhere close to those growth tips.

How are you raising PH? Skimmer line outside? C02 absorbing media on intake?

i have a co2 scrubber but the media needed to be changed so it wasn't working at its full potential and i'm now dripping fully saturated kalk. my ph went from 7.95-8.2 to now 8.05-8.4.

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed a few things this week....

1. In an effort to raise my ph I installed a dedicated brs pump to dose kalk saturated water. I was topping off with kalk in my ato but i ran into a few issue this past year because of this.
2. I started dosing acropower on a dedicated pump.
3. I made a EXTREMELY compulsive buy....
Wwc budgie smuggler
25596c69a2e804ae16aaf280f27900af.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back