Polyp per Polyp

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking.. We all want new corals in our system without spending a lot of money.
I know everyone is in different areas, but each area could do their own type.
What I was thinking is that we should all meet up somewhere, and trade one polyp of a coral to each person who attends.
Example. Five people from the lansing area were interested. They would bring 5 polyps (from different or the same coral), and we all just swap one polyp of whatever we have with each person. By doing this, we will get a diverse amount of corals without spending money.
Any ideas,thoughts,questions, or concerns? Input is greatly appreciated!
GO GREEN!

Triggerman77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Idea! I have tried this kind of thing a long time ago locally. But Its hard to get most people on the same wavelength !! Some folk seem to think their stuff is priceless or more like Gold than others.. which makes for this kind of thing really hard to work out Unfortunately :(
Maybe u have a few more reasonable folks in your area than I do... Good Luck! Would be a Cool way to get the Diversity of color in your tank

OP
OP
S

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! That will be the difficult part, but hopefully we can come to an agreement! I am sure we do! Thats my goal (having diversity of color in my tank).

OP
OP
S

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. I am going to make sure people realize that we are doing this to expand our coral collection, not a penny for penny coral trade. There will need to be cooperative people, and if someone doesn't agree with the corals that are being traded that week, then they don't have to show up (in the nicest way possible :) )

Back