• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Poor Customer Service Review of TSA

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - I hate to leave bad reviews, but these guys have exhibited poor decision making in customer service.

Long winded - but here are the facts

On
-11/26/21, I placed an order for 10 frags at ~2100 USD AND paid shipping cause it was a sale. Due to the holidays, we agreed to ship for ~12/15 arrival.
-12/15/21 arrival - and all the frags looked good. But I was short one frag, the 800USD Circus Freak, which they didn't bother to tell me that they shorted it
-12/16/21 - I reached out and asked what was going on, they respond quickly and say the frag didn't make it and they would cut another and ship out after the new year (after it healed)
-1/3/22 I reached out and checked in - still friendly at at his point (no response, this is on their ticket system that I was directed to use)
1/5/22 They respond and say the CF colony took a lot of damage, my frag didn't make it and would I like a refund or chose others of same value. I respond same day with two more choices and requested shipping times (as I was going to be out of town a few days). They were able to ship right away.
1/6/22 - they ship into a winter storm. Friday supposed arrival turns into Monday arrival. the two frags are dead. I file a ticket on Saturday, and again on Monday when they arrive. Had to update it with pictures
1/12/22 - ask them to reship the product that Thursday or Friday.

This is where things go south. 1/14/2022: I get a response saying, "Sorry to see the acros take a turn for the worse. I’ve marked your account for both replacements frags. You can have them shipped by themselves with a shipping charge or combined with your next order. Most people have them shipped with their next order to make the most shipping. The option is yours and there is no rush. We’ll have them ready when you are. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with."

Nicely worded, but why would I pay for shipping under these circumstances? In honesty, I didn't even realize they were asking me to purchase shipping again, so I responded 1/15/2021 - "Please mail out the replacement frags anytime this week. I won’t be ordering again this week. Thank you."

a week later, I get
"
Please use the link provided to complete shipping. Overnight Shipping – Top Shelf Aquatics
Otherwise they will combined with your next order. No rush, they will be ready when you are."
"

Ahh - now I get it. I am expected to pay for shipping again. My response was that this was ridiculous. After a two thousand dollar order, paying for shipping once, getting shorted on my order, accepting a substitute product rather than a refund, having them ship into a blizzard, then asking me to pay for their mistake when they had insured the shipping - what?

No thank you. I may be over-reacting, but you can't sell a premium product and not have over-the-top customer service. At least don't try and nickel and dime your customers when they are spending a small fortune on 1" frags. I really want to like these guys as they have great products, but nope nope nope. And in this day and age, only public customer feedback gets people to change. So - @TopShelfAquatics - over to you to refund my money. You will see it in ticket #2528229

Chris

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Chris,
I want to take the time to reach out and call you about the issue but was unable to connect with you. I left a voicemail in hopes of following up. Please call me at your convenience.

Thank you
David L
Operations Manager
407-677-7333
Ext: Online Department

OP
OP
Siasl

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have spoken with Dave @TopShelfAquatics who apologized and owned up to some internal miscommunications and will ship out a replacement without charging for shipping. In hindsight, I am sure I should have picked up the phone and made the call (versus email) - when things went this sideways.

All is well that ends well and it is good to see that we all strive to be better.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back