Pop bloom T30 light for Biocube 32? Lighting advise.

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I want to remove the lid from my biocube 32 for obvious reasons and need to find a light option that won’t kill my wallet. I’m looking into a pop bloom T30 and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them on a biocube? Can’t really afford the kessil or the higher price options. I can’t find any reviews on this light. Looking at the fully programmable new model. Thanks for any help.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id use viperspectra if givin the option. Little cheaper and likely a much better light.

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I ended up ordering the AI Prime for my biocube. Anyone have suggestions on the app settings or is there postings somewhere of light schedules? The last thing I want is to add an overpowered light from an underpowered one and tick off all my corals. ‍♂️

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get what you pay for in lighting and equipment in general, so don’t cheap out. I would not suggest a T30

thank you. I ordered the AI Prime. Just need to figure out a lighting schedule for the app so I don’t tick everything off going from an underpowered biocube lid light to the AI Prime.

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following
Still have the infamous top..thought about steves upgrades , after comparing prices the Prime is a better option. Adding the Intank sump cover will hide the works

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following
Still have the infamous top..thought about steves upgrades , after comparing prices the Prime is a better option. Adding the Intank sump cover will hide the works
Oh I didn’t know they made one. . My skimmer sticks up a bit. Who makes a cover?

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious regarding the "obvious reasons" and "infamous Biocube hood" references regarding upgrade lighting. Is it the insufficiency or color that you object to? Or both? I know it depends on what you want to keep but if you're not a stick only person, the standard lights have been growing LPS and softies and one doubled in size birds nest for over a year now. I just added some blue LEDs and I like the color much better but it remains to be seen if the corals care. I know the fish and shrimp don't. On the plus side, the infamous lid keeps down evaporation, salt creep and jumping fish incidents.

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious regarding the "obvious reasons" and "infamous Biocube hood" references regarding upgrade lighting. Is it the insufficiency or color that you object to? Or both? I know it depends on what you want to keep but if you're not a stick only person, the standard lights have been growing LPS and softies and one doubled in size birds nest for over a year now. I just added some blue LEDs and I like the color much better but it remains to be seen if the corals care. I know the fish and shrimp don't. On the plus side, the infamous lid keeps down evaporation, salt creep and jumping fish incidents.
I ended up going with an AI Prime upgrade and couldn’t be happier. The stick lid will grow somethings but has been tested many times and just simply doesn’t have the par needed to keep other things happy enough. That’s the obvious reference. For me, I struggle with low PH and removing the hood to allow better air circulation and remove as much co2 as possible is another reason. The AI spectrum allows an amazing light adjustment that has made my tank look 10 times better. All in all, both work but in my opinion the stock lid limits you depending on how you’re setting your tank up.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back