Pop Eye

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal

Please help me treat my friends fish. Really bad pop eye. He recently treated his fish only tank with Copper Power, Furan 2, and Prazi pro. Is Epsom salt a good option in Marine fish only tanks? Would you treat the entire fish population? Give the fish baths? Or, just leave it be and see how it goes?

image.jpg

OP
OP
dyno

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does erythromycin destroy the bio-filter? I have had experience with Furan and it has been safe in the main display. Also does erythromycin work well as a dip if it is not safe for the bio-filter?

Thank you

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does erythromycin destroy the bio-filter? I have had experience with Furan and it has been safe in the main display. Also does erythromycin work well as a dip if it is not safe for the bio-filter?

Thank you
Epsom salts have no benefit in a marine tank (that is already full of magnesium sulfate). Are both the clownfish's eyes affected or just one?

I would move the fish to a QT and dose with Erythromycin / Maracyn 1.

If you do decide to dose the DT (don't do this in a coral tank though) You need to monitor ammonia when dosing with erythromycin, it does sometimes nuke the biofilter, but it is hit or miss.

Jay

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back