Porcelain crab and rock flower anemones

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a porcelain crab yesterday and put it in at first it was in the anemones (rock flowers) and they both seemed fine over night the crab moved to the return/overflow area I’ve moved the crab back and the crab is fine on the anemone but the anemone is mostly closed up is that supposed to happen can porcelain crabs be on rock flower anemones and will the anemone open up or should I move the crab to a rock
The photo with blueish light was how he was before night and the photo with out blueish light is how he is now
Thanks

image.jpg IMG_7330.jpeg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience they sort themselves out. May take a few days. Mine sat on top of an RFA for months barely moving. Nem was fine. Would close up a bit when the crab was moving around too much (feeding time) but looked like it was still getting enough light and was OK. Then the crab decided it liked another spot more, packed up and left

OP
OP
q8cyu

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights on now and the anemone has opens up a bit the crab does seem happy, filter fielding right now
Also thanks for the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 51

BBQDaddyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a porcelain crab a few months ago, and have a couple of large rock flower anemones-- it couldn't care less about them and has very interestingly found an area of rock that gets a ton of flow and just stays there filter feeding 24-7.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back