Porcupine Puffer not eating / Mouth Issue

retroreef2710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I’m hoping this isn’t a disease. Anyone know what’s going on with my puffer fish in the image? As of yesterday he stopped eating and now his mouth looks off…. He also is occasionally shooting around the tank like he is trying to get something off.

I have had him for over a year, and has been happy and healthy. Water levels are solid, and his diet is mainly jumbo raw shrimp, but he also eats muscles and I have him hunt crabs occasionally.

573E1FCF-7973-4DF0-B0D9-95EDF7E3DA1B.jpeg

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I’m hoping this isn’t a disease. Anyone know what’s going on with my puffer fish in the image? As of yesterday he stopped eating and now his mouth looks off…. He also is occasionally shooting around the tank like he is trying to get something off.

I have had him for over a year, and has been happy and healthy. Water levels are solid, and his diet is mainly jumbo raw shrimp, but he also eats muscles and I have him hunt crabs occasionally.

I’m not 100% sure if it’s just the way the light is hitting him in the picture but it kind of looks like it could be brooklynella to me

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Some background information is going to help us. This link lists some things that we need to know about your tank and your fish:

A short video would really help in this case, gives me an idea as to the overall demeanor of the fish.

Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back