OP
OP
C

Conch King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! We’ve all been in your shoes with the agonizing decision of to medicate or not. I once had internal parasites that got into my tank via snails -__- It took me like two months to get rid of them.

Sometimes they also get infections if they cut themselves eating abrasive foods like snails or clams. The shell could’ve cut the fleshy side of his beak and become infected from there. If you’re worried about stressing him, you can also add stress coat to the dip and the tank itself. Also, it helps to turn off the lights or keep them as dim as possible.
Unfortunately, these things come with the hobby. However I am very grateful for everyone who helped me today. I am more hopeful now, knowing that I am getting advice from numerous experienced aquarists.

OP
OP
C

Conch King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I checked on my tank and my porcupine puffer was lying on the sand, he attempts to swim, but spirals down into the sand. He is also having trouble staying upright and his coloration has turned from a light brown last night to a dark brown today.
Parameters:
SG: 1.024
Temp: 78.4
No Nitrite Reading
Nitrate: 20ppm
I am growing him out in a FOWLR 50 gallon tank with a pair of clownfish and a goby, before eventually moving him into a 350 gallon. He is currently in a breeder box so he doesn’t hurt himself by hitting a rock or anything. I recently picked him up and just finished quarantining him. During quarantine I didn’t see any signs of illness.

FFB29F54-B5F3-470D-A9D5-47453EB9AC26.jpeg
Unfortunately the poor little guy didn’t make it through the night. Thank you all for your help through this. @Jay Hemdal @NaturalGothic @vetteguy53081 @DaddyFish

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back