paulojbsilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody!
I'm Paulo. I'm from Lisbon, Portugal!
The sunny country from the tip of Europe, with very nice people, eheh.
Well, I've had aquariums since I can remember. My father used to have one when I was a kid, and I always liked to stare at aquariums. For the last years I tried to have a reef tank, after some years on and off freshwater tanks. My current tank is around 150 liters with a 30 liter sump. It took me a while to get it stable because I had faulty equipment. Lots of losses and never really understanding why. About a month ago, all changed and things are getting really nice. I have two clownfish, a blue damsel, all happy and getting fat (maybe a little too much, considering on getting them to jog a little), a couple of glass climbing kamikaze nassarius, 3 hermits, a strombus, 2 cerithe snails, too many ofiurus to count and one or two pistol shrimp, with babies. Besides that all the worms, pods and small usual critters. I also have 2 zoas colonies and two very small frags I do not recognize that where trapped in the live rock. If anyone can identify them, I would much appreciate.
With all this happening, I'm planning on making a new tank.
The reasons are fairly simple...this was my first tank, designed by me, and now I see a lot of errors. Beyond possible correction.
So, hope to keep learning with you guys (yes, I'm only introducing myself now, but I've been lurking around here for quite some time muahahahahah [emoji48]).
Soon I hope to make a build thread and put all my doubts in here, and I hope to get some help!
Thank you all!
bf19546f83cbc908a9a419b54ff1e80f.jpg
76387ea435834c42ecf025108754cfc1.jpg
9993ec991869bdc5b1665eae378b7dcc.jpg
a45ff7282c78eca5c1a70ce977892826.jpg

OP
OP
paulojbsilva

paulojbsilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta share some crazy idea I had...it's so stupid, but worked, that I got to share. I had a very small frag os Stylophora stuck on a live rock crevice. It was the when I got the rock and I couldn't get it out without breaking it. One of these days, because of the ermits or something, it loosened itself from the crevice. Nice! I thought "I'm gonna glue it to a piece of live rock ruble"...except for the part I ran out of epoxy glue (that purple one for gluing frags)...what did I do? Used some hot glue gun! I put a nice piece of glue in the piece of rock, waited a bit until it was about to dry. Put the frag there and hold it upside down inside the tank until it was almost dry. Then I put it inside the tank and...it worked. Yeahhhhh

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Nice tank and aquascaping! :)

OP
OP
paulojbsilva

paulojbsilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I'm in the USA just my family lineage is Portuguese Jew, Sephardic. I'm starting a new tank too. It was shipped two days ago and will be delivered Monday

Good luck with the new tank. I really enjoy watching an established tank, but assembling a new one is also a lot of fun eheh

rjdasilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Lisbon! What do you think of Lisbon? Liked it?
Yes really liked it a lot. Rented a car and drove through Evora and Alandroal (also stayed with relatives there) and into Seville, Granada and Córdoba for a week then circled back to Lisbon through Albufeira. Beautiful country and people. Will definitely return one day.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back