Possibilities of H. Aurora eating my blue spot jawfish?

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Put the jawfish in the tank on Friday and he dug a little hole and ate some mysis shrimp. I left for the weekend and have not seen him since friday. I first noticed him gone on Monday. No body found on the floor and I have a glass lid that spans the entire tank roof.

Should I see a decomposed body come out of him in a few days if he did chomp my jawfish?

The culprit.
20210929_102026.jpg

I dont think my bubble tips are big enough.
20210929_102022.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Put the jawfish in the tank on Friday and he dug a little hole and ate some mysis shrimp. I left for the weekend and have not seen him since friday. I first noticed him gone on Monday. No body found on the floor and I have a glass lid that spans the entire tank roof.

Should I see a decomposed body come out of him in a few days if he did chomp my jawfish?

The culprit.
20210929_102026.jpg

I dont think my bubble tips are big enough.
20210929_102022.jpg

2nd photo - is that an older photo? feel like I'm seeing blue spotted jawfish in photo (look under clown, above sand)

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s very possible either the anemone or elegance coral ate it. Either it had some kind of unobserved ailment or it got spooked and accidentally swam into one. Also check the area around the tank. And your overflow. They’re known for escaping through the smallest of holes.

OP
OP
G

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you check your Elegance coral?
Elegance coral has been deflated since monday and is slowly starting to reinflate. I think my bubble tip may have brushed up against him. Don't see any body around him though. I dont think he is big enough to eat the jawfish completely only opens up to 7 inches max

OP
OP
G

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he isn't underneath the rock. Maybe he took a ride down the sump expressway or he was eaten.

Anyone else had a fish get taken by an anemone? Was there anything identifying of the fish left over so you got closure as to where your fish went?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elegance coral has been deflated since monday and is slowly starting to reinflate. I think my bubble tip may have brushed up against him. Don't see any body around him though. I dont think he is big enough to eat the jawfish completely only opens up to 7 inches max
My elegance ate a 3-3.5" Naso Tang last week (I kid you not). Ever wonder what it's like pealing a dead fish off an elegance coral? You've got some velcro, right?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back