Possible Flukes in DT

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have observed my yellow coris wrasse yawning and occasionally see flat, Translucent/white patches on its body.

I’m thinking flukes. It eats great and acting normal. (originally thought bacteria, been feeding focus/Kanaplex/metroplex with no change)

The coris wrasse is the only one exhibiting signs, but it hasn’t entered the trap (day 3).

Should I freshwater dip any fish that enters trap? Same fish been together 4+ months, no newbies. (Pair flame hawks, Midas blenny, ruby head fairy, bristletooth, cardinals, clowns,..)

I’d really like to catch the coris today. But Should I fw dip any fish I can get to confirm flukes?...then I can dose dt with prazipro while I catch all fish in the trap to move into qt?

Thank you.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does this too. I've dipped it and nothing has come off. Mine even scratches on the rocks. I've come to the conclusion that it is trying to knock pods off the rocks. After scratching it immediately turns around and inspects that spot. Mine also has white patches, mostly only visible when the blues are on.

elic173

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does this too. I've dipped it and nothing has come off. Mine even scratches on the rocks. I've come to the conclusion that it is trying to knock pods off the rocks. After scratching it immediately turns around and inspects that spot. Mine also has white patches, mostly only visible when the blues are on.

Yes mine does the exact same. Also patches when blues on. I literally was about to QT him tomorrow. All other signs are super healthy

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back