Possible ich or sand grain

maethuu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had this clownfish for about 5 months now with no issues. I added a tiger watchman goby 11 days ago that was not quarantined and has not showed any signs of issues.
There is one solid raised white spot above the lateral line and a more faint and smaller one right next to it.
There is also another small raised white spot on the opposite side of the fish.

These spots appear to have taken the place of what were iridescence spots that I noticed 5 days ago that looked a bit like flukes but could have been scales that were loose.

Prior to the water change yesterday the spots were not there and appeared after I did a water change the following day (today).

None of my other four fish, tailspot blenny, tiger watchman goby, and clownfish have any white spots.

The fish is behaving fine and is eating.

20230319_102719.jpg 20230319_102715.jpg

Attachments

• 20230319_102737_1.mp4
    44.3 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive had this clownfish for about 5 months now with no issues. I added a tiger watchman goby 11 days ago that was not quarantined and has not showed any signs of issues.
There is one solid raised white spot above the lateral line and a more faint and smaller one right next to it.
There is also another small raised white spot on the opposite side of the fish.

These spots appear to have taken the place of what were iridescence spots that I noticed 5 days ago that looked a bit like flukes but could have been scales that were loose.

Prior to the water change yesterday the spots were not there and appeared after I did a water change the following day (today).

None of my other four fish, tailspot blenny, tiger watchman goby, and clownfish have any white spots.

The fish is behaving fine and is eating.

20230319_102719.jpg 20230319_102715.jpg
Appears to be a sand grain and best way to determine is to revisit that area in 12 hours, either the spot has left or will have multiplied.
My guess. . . due to heavier slime on clown, a sand grain

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watch the spots - ich will come and go in different locations, including the clear portions of the fins.
Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back