Possible ich?

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m noticing a few white spots on my copperband around his tail fin. He’s eating fine and swimming around.
Is this anything to worry about? I have some sechem kanaplex and focus that I can add to his food if that would help?
9A5788AB-72F1-4212-9A81-0D3C6DA82FA4.jpeg

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my phone, but doesn’t look like it. Either way Don’t think the antibiotics added to food would help...

Anything on any other fish? When did you spot it?

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed it a week or so ago. But there was only 1 or 2 small ones on the tail so I though it may just be something stuck to him etc. But obviously there is now more.
No odd behavior and nothing on any of the other fish which also seem to be doing fine.
Any advice on what I should do? Set up my hospital tank and get him out of display?

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive actually noticed as well that on the top of his fin it's not just a white dot but more of a raised white round bit (sorry for the poor explanation there lol)
From reading the lympho thread it does seem to be that instead of ich. Fingers crossed

Cjud7982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a copper band in qt develop the same thing. Mine was lymph, it's got pretty nasty. How old is he? Is he eating well? The best thing that I know of for lymph is a vitamin rich food soaked in something like selcon to boost his immune. I don't think that there is a cure or fix for lymph, but if the fish is eating well and not stressed it should go away. FYI, it usually gets worse before it gets better. Try to keep him well fed, and in the best water as possible. Ideally he should have been quarantined before going to display, but I cant preach on something that I am just now starting to do. I wouldn't move him to a quarantine now because the copper bands get super stressed easily and will often immediately stop eating because of it. Once that happens it's very hard to bring them back.

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not to sure on the age but I’ve had him 3-4 weeks now I think. He’s eating brine shrimp with garlic and spirulina from ocean Nutrition. He does see,m fine though.

I know I should qt first and I’m finally getting around to it, have the tank so just need to get some equipment and meds.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 52.2%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 69 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back