Possible to stipulate "no-gos" when buying battleboxes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of picking up a battlebox and was curious, if I asked for "anything that isn't green" is that possible? My tank has far too much green in it lol but I love the idea of buying a surprise package of sticks.

Hell, I'd take brown over green lol

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely you can do that. I love Battleboxes and I’ve ordered quite a few. I always have some general preferences listed with my Battlebox order. Adam is great and he’ll work with you.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam has always reached out to me after I order a Battlebox. Asks if I have any special requests as far as particular colors or named pieces. I usually request one or two frags and let him pick the rest. I typically send a pm here on R2R versus ordering from his site. I will say it's been over a year since I've ordered one, so things could have changed.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was thinking of picking up a battlebox and was curious, if I asked for "anything that isn't green" is that possible? My tank has far too much green in it lol but I love the idea of buying a surprise package of sticks.

Hell, I'd take brown over green lol

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for the post Answer is ABSOLUTELY YES! I generally will take any direction I can get for the selection process. I've said it many times before to customers, but my only real rule with these boxes is that you are 100% happy with what you receive. And, I am very willing to explore all opportunities to make this happen:)

Anyone who's ordered a box has also heard this one a few times, but I generally don't include stuff like encrusting montis and bird nests, unless requested specifically, and will definitely not load someone up with greens. And for what it's worth, these boxes are in no way a means for me to "dump" excess stuff. The exact opposite really. I am able to pick the best looking pieces I have available among thousands of encrusted frags, and that's what gets sent.

Anyway, little pitch there lol. Please let me knwo if you have any other questions or concerns at all.

Thanks again

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought corals from most the large vendors, multiple times. DD, JF, WWC, cherry, aquasd, vivid and more plus many on eBay. I can flat out say the best experience is with Adam. Not knocking any other place, he is just that accommodating and the corals are beautiful.

Had a unicorn from him that had some die off, said next order he would replace. Very cool. I doubt he remembers it - but fwiw just the tip died and the base grew back over his stock is plenty healthy too. No replacement needed!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back