Possible Velvet? Need your opinion on my options!

OP
OP
MikeDesjean

MikeDesjean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any sign of Velvet or Brooklynella here. There is some slight aggression as noted in the previous video. This could be from that, or from coming in contact with some soft coral that stung it.

If you wanted to play it safe (in case you are seeing something yourself that we can't see in the video) it would be prudent to set up a treatment tank - but don't move the fish over and treat them unless there are clearer symptoms to go on (Brook and velvet have two different treatments).

Jay
So the cloudiness cleared up into more predominant white dots? Looks to maybe be slight white fuzz around eye hard to see but for sure some white matter near eye/possibly on eye.

fish has tended to hang in shaded spot of tank it seems in a little cave/tunnel but no signs of flashing or labored breathing. Still comes up to glass every time I come near looking for food.

here is an updated video where I feel the white spots are more visible. They are in her left side pec fin/ above fin/ some white near eye.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the cloudiness cleared up into more predominant white dots? Looks to maybe be slight white fuzz around eye hard to see but for sure some white matter near eye/possibly on eye.

fish has tended to hang in shaded spot of tank it seems in a little cave/tunnel but no signs of flashing or labored breathing. Still comes up to glass every time I come near looking for food.

here is an updated video where I feel the white spots are more visible. They are in her left side pec fin/ above fin/ some white near eye.

Unfortunately - because of the glass - and the bubbles - I can't see the spots.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could see a close up of the fish. I can't enlarge the video to full screen, and even if I could I don't believe the quality would show what you are seeing. Both fish appear to be eating?

Are the spots localized or spread over both sides of the body and fins?

OP
OP
MikeDesjean

MikeDesjean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately - because of the glass - and the bubbles - I can't see the spots.
I wish I could pull her out by hand for a pic lol. It’s funny she only shows off her right side I wish she would just turn around for me ‍♂️
Wish I could see a close up of the fish. I can't enlarge the video to full screen, and even if I could I don't believe the quality would show what you are seeing. Both fish appear to be eating?

Are the spots localized or spread over both sides of the body and fins?
Local to left pec fin and just above it, slight fuzz near left eye? Hasn’t spread outside original area seems to have cleared up the hazy look to more pronounced white marks.

They are clear as day looking at her, but like MnFish1 said it’s. Not clear in the video. To active to get pic.

I am going to feed metro and kanaplex starting today to see if that helps. ‍♂️. The other fish in tank have not visible signs of anything. Just the one female clown.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish I could pull her out by hand for a pic lol. It’s funny she only shows off her right side I wish she would just turn around for me ‍♂️

Local to left pec fin and just above it, slight fuzz near left eye? Hasn’t spread outside original area seems to have cleared up the hazy look to more pronounced white marks.

They are clear as day looking at her, but like MnFish1 said it’s. Not clear in the video. To active to get pic.

I am going to feed metro and kanaplex starting today to see if that helps. ‍♂️. The other fish in tank have not visible signs of anything. Just the one female clown.
Some advice - I would not feed metronidazole - UNLESS you are suspecting a GI parasite. Second - If it's improving I would do nothing. If it's worsening - a still picture would help. The video is to assess breathing rate - and general behavior - not necessarily the 'lesion'. I would EDIT NOT TRY (except in an emergency) - treating with 2 medications at the same time - unless you have 2 documented diseases

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back