Possum Wrasse Face Erosion

Andrews_aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fairly new possum wrasse (2 weeks) that has a new face lesion that came literally overnight. I didn't see anything on him last night and this morning he has a white lesion on both sides of his face. One side is worse than the other, and seems to have a white blemish/lesion on his tail.

I run carbon in the tank but I always wash throughly for fear of lateral line disease. The fish wasn't eating the first week, been eating live brine the last 4 days and now Reef Nutrtion Beta Brine. Going to try and get him to eat mysis today. He has been active and looks healthy besides the lesions.

The only thing that has changed which I did the night before was dose Potassium Nitrate to my tank as I'm having trouble keeping the nutrients up. Also dealing with a bit of Cyano on the sand but nothing significant.

All other fish are healthy and show no signs of disease.

Here is the best pic I could get, he's very hard to photograph as he's always in the rocks. Along with the pic of him without the disease when I bought him off Divers Den.

Any ideas would be helpful

IMG_3649.jpg IMG_3558.jpg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So hard to tell by those pics... fish never seen too sit still for photos!

But, it kind of looks like Brooklynella... does it have the appearance of a sloughing off mucus film?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it isn’t Brook! It’s still eating, right? Do you have any option to move it to a treatment tank if need be?

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back