Post COVID nutrition - back to pellets?

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!

During these past 10 weeks working from home my fish became extremely spoiled and went from having frozen food a couple times a week tops, with an automated feeder the rest of the time, to 100% exclusively frozen food. Now that we are returning to our respective offices I need to get the automated feeder out, but I CANNOT get my fish to respond to pellets anymore!!

I've always had a picky cardinal who will RARELY eat a pellet, but how even the royal gramma, firefish, and clowns are sticking their nose up! I even tried to show them who was boss and didnt feed for two days, then fed only pellets for two days. Clowns are a bite nor so, gramma spat it out, and the cardinal followed me around the tank FURIOUS!

It's not sustainable for me to only feed frozen. I even have been soaking the pellets for an hour before feeding to make softer, still a no go.

Open to suggestions! Do I put them in time out? Refuse to let them leave the table or have desert until they eat??

Last edited:

Mmun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!

During these past 10 weeks working from home my fish became extremely spoiled and went from having frozen food a couple times a week tops, with an automated feeder the rest of the time, to 100% exclusively frozen food. Now that we are returning to our respective offices I need to get the automated feeder out, but I CANNOT get my fish to respond to pellets anymore!!

I've always had a picky cardinal who will RARELY eat a pellet, but how even the royal gramma, firefish, and clowns are sticking their nose up! I even tried to show them who was boss and didnt feed for two days, then fed only pellets for two days. Clowns are a bite nor so, gramma spat it out, and the cardinal followed me around the tank FURIOUS!

It's not sustainable for me to only feed frozen. I even have been soaking the pellets for an hour before feeding to make softer, still a no go.

Open to suggestions! Do I put them in time out? Refuse to let them leave the table or have desert until they eat??
Try mixing the pellets in with small amount of frozen food. Or maybe garlic guard on the pellets. I use NLS pellets and feen frozen at night

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try smaller pellets, the pellets will seem huge now they are used to frozen.

Feed them frozen daily at least once, if that’s what they prefer eating I would be pleased to know I was giving them what they wanted.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My auto feeder broke :/ I've been supplementing by squeezing some aqua eggs into the tank every morning (I normally do my regular feeding at night). They definitely prefer the aquaeggs.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 111 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back