Post here so we know who's on here

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duh... Missed the earlier post. A little brain dead today I guess.
Glad to know there are others in the area. Any LFS you suggest besides Pets N Pals?

We all have brain farts some days...
I do not suggest Pets N Pals...
I was just in there a week ago and seeing the coral with pest in the tank, I wouldn’t recommend paying their “top dollar” for just random coral that’ll die.
sad to see it but some stores have that!
I would say the best is posting ads here and craigslist, you can sometimes get a local selling coral, you’ll pay a little more but at least you’ll get good coral!

If you ever need anything or questions, my number is 540-383-4743.
Anyone local can text me if they need anything or have questions.
I travel a fair amount and usually can keep an eye out for anything.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to mention, you asked for recommendations on LFS.
There’s a store in Lynchburg called Pet & Aquatic Warehouse, I would take a road trip if I were you. Prices are reasonable compared to others, and the staff are very knowledgeable on coral.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to mention, you asked for recommendations on LFS.
There’s a store in Lynchburg called Pet & Aquatic Warehouse, I would take a road trip if I were you. Prices are reasonable compared to others, and the staff are very knowledgeable on coral.
Actually going there for thanksgiving so I will make sure to check it out! Thanks. I will shoot you a text so you have my number if you ever have a tank emergency while out of town.

Pets N Pals is alright but severally lacking in knowledge... I got pretty friendly with the staff, got my dogs there and they allow me to sell cichlids every now and then. Also its next to that Thai place so its a lunch time activity but I cringe every time I have a question as the staff knows nothing about SW...

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked out Pets and Aquatic Warehouse and their latest fish shipment. They have a really nice variety including my favorite, a male McCosker's Fairy Wrasse. Can't wait to check this place out in person when we move up their this Spring.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked out Pets and Aquatic Warehouse and their latest fish shipment. They have a really nice variety including my favorite, a male McCosker's Fairy Wrasse. Can't wait to check this place out in person when we move up their this Spring.
Need to do another road trip up there.

P.S. I am sorry you are a cavalier fan :(

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can all get along, right? ;) I stopped in Blacksburg on my way back to Texas in early December. Learned that you shouldn't stop to fill up your Cavalier travel mug in that part of the country. Those folks were hostile! ;Rage But I survived. A meet and greet roadtrip sounds like a great plan. BTW: my son is a Hokie.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always thought it was a silly rivalry personally but upon seeing your name I knew I had to poke fun.

Honestly the whole rivalry boils down to our fear of people in bow ties and our dislike of Auld Lang Syne.

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always thought it was a silly rivalry personally but upon seeing your name I knew I had to poke fun.

Honestly the whole rivalry boils down to our fear of people in bow ties and our dislike of Auld Lang Syne.
Too funny!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back