Post pics of your IM nuvo skimmer

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Nuvo 20 and just swapped out the IM skimmer for the Tunze DC 9001, Yay!

relocated the magnet to the side and set it eup... DOH, it doesn’t fit! The divider between chamber 2 (IM skimmer location) and chamber 3 is to tall. Water level is 4” to the skimmer cup (where the black meets the skimmer cup).

I’m curious if that divider was removed and what other mods were done to use the Tunze 9001.

5363BAA6-A0E9-4E00-B8EB-4BB89DC48685.jpeg

Last edited:

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried either of the skimmers you mention.

But I am using a really nice skimmer that just fits into that slot on my IM 20, the IceCap K1 Nano. It's got a traditional skimmer design and unlike many nano skimmers, is actually very effective at generating skimmate. Just drops in, no modification necessary. Quiet, and very adjustable too. The cap was white with orange lettering but I painted it black.

IMG_7588b.jpg

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice.
I am replacing the IM dc skimmer which is suppose to be the cream of the crop for the nuvo 20 lol. Mods are needed but I only recall the magnet having to be rearranged.
I may just take some vise grips and break the top portion of the divider. I do not want to remove the overflow chamber either as I do like the mechanical filtration.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried either of the skimmers you mention.

But I am using a really nice skimmer that just fits into that slot on my IM 20, the IceCap K1 Nano. It's got a traditional skimmer design and unlike many nano skimmers, is actually very effective at generating skimmate. Just drops in, no modification necessary. Quiet, and very adjustable too. The cap was white with orange lettering but I painted it black.

IMG_7588b.jpg
I also have a IceCap K1 in the 2nd chamber of my IM 20P. I have nothing but good things to say about it too. Great Nano skimmer

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back