Potential “Scam” with DOAs from RainbowReefCorals

OcellarisClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
So on June 27th I placed an order for a beautiful maricultured piece for $350 at rainbowreefcorals.com and received it at the expected delivery date to find out that the coral did not handle the shipping well as large corals, especially SPS, don’t handle well at all. Upon arrival within minutes of opening the package I took videos and photos of the state that the maricultured piece was in as it had major signs of RTN and was not going to make it.

The owner quickly responded and told me to wait overnight to see if it made it and expectedly it did not.

After another week of waiting for another shipment to arrive, after reaching out to him again a few times, he finally sent me photos of what was available and was happy to send me a decent replacement (just another maricultured piece though not as large or vibrant).

After having been decided for it to be delivered on Friday (July 10th) I changed my work schedule to wait for the package to be delivered, however no package had come…
I reached out again and he had told me he had forgotten to ship it out and would do so on Saturday while covering the additional Saturday delivery fee with FedEx.

However, as most hobbyist know, delivery services are more reliable between Mondays-Wednesdays and there may be unexpected delays if shipped out other days.

Waiting again on Saturday morning, I waited for the package to come to find out the package had delays due to “FedEx mechanical issues with the plane” so the overnight package with the coral would not be delivered til Mondaytwo more days in transit.

As you probably expected, the coral completely bleached in the bag and I sent photos and communicated with the owner at RRC. He responded amply and told me he’d send me yet another maricultured piece when I simply asked for a refund to avoid further DOAs.

Today’s July 30th, almost a full month since when I first placed the $350 order and he still hasn’t responded to my inquiries about the situation.

Has anyone heard of Rainbow Reef Corals or have any experience with the company?

Thanks so much for reading through my financially difficult situation and I’d appreciate any insight or advice! :)

OP
OP
OcellarisClown

OcellarisClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from them once. Learned my lesson... Very disorganized and unprofessional. If you paid by CC just dispute it and get your money back.
Glad to hear I’m not the only one and that there’s a reason they haven’t responded to me. I’ll definitely try to do that.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, They claimed to have "forgotten" what I ordered. This after they invoiced me and I paid of course. I even sent them a list if what I ordered and it was still wrong. They said they would make it right and hook me up. I got about 9 yellow ricordia about the size of a fingernail. Some kind of a piece of blasto that looked like it was broken off a colony and it was just thrown in a bag. No plug or nothing. All the ricordia where not attached to anything and they are still drifting around my tank somewhere . I did get a 6 head Duncan and a couple more things but nothing I ordered. I just tried them out to see and I'm sure glad I didn't order anything high end..

taithao35

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They scammed me too. I ordered $900 worth of a rainbow torch colony. It was death. I sent them pictures and They promised to hook me up with with a replacement. They went on to claim that my hammer corals killed the torch and ignored my emails. Lesson learned not to ever order from them again

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They scammed me too. I ordered $900 worth of a rainbow torch colony. It was death. I sent them pictures and They promised to hook me up with with a replacement. They went on to claim that my hammer corals killed the torch and ignored my emails. Lesson learned not to ever order from them again
Thanks for the heads up!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back