Potential DDR Design Flaw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I had to send my DDR into get repaired, and they fixed what was broken under warranty, but are charging me for another piece of that puzzle as being not covered. So wanted to see if other people were running into this same potential issue.

Do you get 'salt creep' coming out of the reservoir, particularly on the alkalinity side? I use BRS 2 part, and have noticed several times that around the lid and wire for the optical sensor, I have a salt creep that shows up.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats pretty common no matter what vessel you are using. I find the best way to avoid the worst of this is to make sure that your container top AND lid are wiped clean, scrubbed, rinsed in RO/DI then dried completely before replaced. A single droplet of the alk solution can seed potential "crystal" growth and result in the residue you are seeing.

cthedaytrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do see that sometimes, never caused any damage to the DDR. What annoys me more, is that the optical sensor in the Alk side never works, as the ALK solution is used, the optical sensor always becomes clouded and does not trip, making it rather useless lol.

cthedaytrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do see that sometimes, never caused any damage to the DDR. What annoys me more, is that the optical sensor in the Alk side never works, as the ALK solution is used, the optical sensor always becomes clouded and does not trip, making it rather useless lol.

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Just didn't expect for that salt creep to travel down the cord on the DDR, and then invade the space where the chip ties the 2 optical sensors together, and have to be paid for to replace. I am all for paying for my issues, but I feel like the chip area should be sealed off from this kind of potential issue.
20180417_104643_resized.jpg
20180417_104635_resized.jpg

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was working, by the way. One of the optical sensors physically broke, and that is why I sent it in. But then when replacing the sensors, they found this.

Back