Potential ich before vacation! Oh no!

alexanderthegrape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have paid the price for not quarantining new fish as today I discovered my new clown has some spots on his pectoral fins. I am now worried he may have Ich. I can’t see it unless I’m right on the glass. Pics are hard on this fast little guy. Problem is, my vacation is in 5 days and lasts for 6. I Don’t feel comfortable putting the fish in QT without my being there to monitor it. Any advice is greatly needed! Thanks!

OP
OP
A

alexanderthegrape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sitter unfortunately. I’ve had him for 7 days today. He eats like a pig. Just saw him under the blues, definitely has some spots.
:(

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing the entire tank situation... how many other fish and what type, how long the tank has been up, etc, it'll be hard to give the best advice.

In general, clown fish are quite hardy. They have a mucous coat that helps with things like ich. If it's overall healthy and you continue to feed it food soaked in garlic and some vitamins like selcon, it should be able to fight off the ich on it's own. While you go on vacation, get an autofeeder and load it with pellets that has garlic integrated. Leave water conditions pristine.

As for other fish, can't say.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily I just have the one clownfish. Definitely going to pick up some garlic guard. Dang.
That's really great though! You've got a healthy bugger who has a fighting chance on his own with great husbandry and a good diet. Pick up some pellets that has garlic integrated as well.

OP
OP
A

alexanderthegrape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! @mermaid_life love the positivity! Needed that. He’s special!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 30

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back