Potential illness identification

Laflew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a pair of clowns in observation from my lfs and today one of them is showing some strange change in its color, im just looking for some help identifying the issue.

Attachments

• 20230321_024804.mp4
    26.3 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish is breathing fast as well. The other clown has no symptoms? It could be velvet disease, or it could be bacterial. Have you treated the tank with anything yet? What is the water quality readings for that tank?

Jay

OP
OP
L

Laflew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish is breathing fast as well. The other clown has no symptoms? It could be velvet disease, or it could be bacterial. Have you treated the tank with anything yet? What is the water quality readings for that tank?

Jay
Unfortunately the clown was dead this morning when i woke up. From what ive read im thinking it was velvet. His partner is unbelievably stressed today and not eating so im thinking hes going to pass soon as well. Thanks for the reply Jay, its much appreciated.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the clown was dead this morning when i woke up. From what ive read im thinking it was velvet. His partner is unbelievably stressed today and not eating so im thinking hes going to pass soon as well. Thanks for the reply Jay, its much appreciated.
Sorry, it does sound like velvet. It progresses so fast that it is difficult to treat. You should leave the tank fishless for 60 days to ensure the parasite dies out.
Jay

OP
OP
L

Laflew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, it does sound like velvet. It progresses so fast that it is difficult to treat. You should leave the tank fishless for 60 days to ensure the parasite dies out.
Jay
In terms of cleaning equipment and the tank, im just going to empty it as its a 20 gallon tank meant for quarantine, Do you have any reccomendations on how best to disinfect everything?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back