Potential issues? Jawfish and gobies and pistol shrimp

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. So I have a 90 gallon 4 foot tank and I am looking to add some “character” fish. I have these in mind. A Jawfish, Yasha Goby pair, Midas blenny, and Dracula goby/Pistol shrimp pair. Now I have some questions, and 1 big question: Will they all get along?! Im thinking on having a big pvc cave with a rock “door” for the jawfish on the left side of the tank, the Yasha goby pair on the back middle/right side of the tank, and the goby/pistol shrimp pair on the front right of the tank. If this does work I’m planning on adding the Jawfish first, then yasha, then goby/pistol. I’m worried the jawfish will be aggressive towards the yasha, even though they will be on opposite sides of the tank. Will the Jawfish attack the goby/pistol shrimp pair if they decide to explore away from their designated cave? I’ve heard horror stories where both parties will attack and kill each other if they do something the other doesn’t like, especially since the jawfish’s cave is going to be quite big I don’t want the shrimp and goby to go in there thinking it’s big enough for them, and not knowing there is a jawfish in there. Will the Midas be aggressive towards the Jawfish or vise versus? Should I add the Jawfish before the Blenny? What kind of pistol shrimp do you recommend with a Dracula goby? Will the goby/shrimp pair attack the Yasha pair? I want to have designated caves for them but I know I can’t stop them from moving homes. Will the fact that the goby/pistol shrimp and the Yasha goby pair have natural rock/sand caves lower the need to change homes? I also have an angelfish in there and I’m a little worried about how it will interact with the shrimp if he sees him just far out enough from the shrimp‘s cave. If tried other shrimp before, and they never last 24 hours. Could he eat him? Will the shrimp cause an injury to the angelfish if it tries to protect himself? Anyone else have experience with some of my questions? All comments appreciated. Thx

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
there should not be an issue. i currently have a midas blenny and yellow head jawfish with no issues in a 40B. i used to have a yasha as well

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back