POTO 6th Anniversary Live Sale is TODAY (Sat. 8/29) 12pm-7pm EDT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TeamPOTO

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone who needs to contact us please Send email to [email protected]

we monitor that much better than here on r2r.
so we can get back to you much more quicker

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can you trace the lineage of your Todd’s torch? I see you’re in New York!
Hey yes, it came from me. Had gotten the torch about 4 years ago from a hobbiest out upstate ny that I met on the local forums. Sadly I haven't spoken to the guy in a very long time. Back in those days I wasn't a torch guy, was into the nice rainbow branching hammers but that todds torch was definitely one for the books. I've seen hundreds of green torches, in comparison, this one just glows brighter then anything else. Still the reason why i continue to hold onto it.
20200829_201338.jpg

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is ready for the afterparty???

Specifically the one where we offer EVERYONE 15% off on EVERYTHING remaining from the Live Sale??

Use code "livesale-afterparty" and thanks again to everyone for participating.

(Offer ends Sunday night!!! and is only valid on new purchases)

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case anyone was waiting on a special piece to tr
@Pieces of the Ocean great sale!!! Sorry I couldn’t really be here for it like I was planning!!! You truly have some amazing sticks I was sooooooo looking forward to picking up today. Unfortunately between last night and today I have been in emergency mode. While I was out of the house yesterday my sticks went into outright chemical warfare that apparently overcame my carbon!!! Mostly caught it in time and did a large water change last night into the middle of the night along with another today during the sale. Apparently all of my lps could care less about the sticks trying to kill each other they are all happy as can be lol. But this situation obviously stole my enthusiasm to put even more sticks into the tank for a little while. Only lost a couple inexpensive frags luckily(still heart breaking! I hate loosing any of my Stony or slimy babies!), but gonna have to wait a while for any more sticks to go in. I did run through the sale and it was amazing and like I said im soooo bummed I couldn’t really participate!!!

@TeamPOTO.... I have a bone to pick with you in particular.... something about pretty girls getting disqualified for being pretty girls..... Hahahaha looks like you kept it fun and exciting for everyone involved! Great job sir!!!
Been there.... if I can help in anyway let me know!

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for the live Q&A: How do I lower high nitrates and phosphates?

My tank went through a crash where my LPS kind of disintegrated down to a white substance and the white stuff would eventually go away until the only thing left was the skeleton, and now my RFAs are bleaching. Maybe this is a dumb question, but my testing shows I have high nitrate & phosphate with a hint of ammonia. I’m not sure how that all happened but do you think the high NO3 + high PO4 caused my loss? I have never heard of anything like this in any other threads. I placed an order of new corals recently, but am scared to add anything new until I figure out the cause. If you have some advise, anything is appreciated.
While LPS were bleaching and then the flesh rotting away from the skeleton was happening, did you do any water changes and/or use any chemical filtration to help remove the die-off from the water? The die off of coral will skew the results that likely caused the original issue due to the remains of the coral now in the water column.
Probably best to start a thread in the Reef forum with all the info you had of before the deaths started, a thorough description of what seemingly happened, what corrective actions you done so far (WCs, Carbon, etc..), and the current tank parameters (anything you have a test for; test for it and log the results)

upstatereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case anyone was waiting on a special piece to tr

Been there.... if I can help in anyway let me know!
Thank you @ADAM soooo much!!! Looks like we caught it in time. Still have a few sticks not at 100% but looking much better today! Probably gonna do one more smaller water change tomorrow and one more swap of carbon just to be sure. I have an extra large reactor that’s meant for the 125 sps build but I may just run it on this tank and get a new one for that build just in case this ever happens again(let’s face it I over pack my tanks with coral so it’s always a possibility lol) I will have more than enough carbon to soak up the toxins.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @ADAM soooo much!!! Looks like we caught it in time. Still have a few sticks not at 100% but looking much better today! Probably gonna do one more smaller water change tomorrow and one more swap of carbon just to be sure. I have an extra large reactor that’s meant for the 125 sps build but I may just run it on this tank and get a new one for that build just in case this ever happens again(let’s face it I over pack my tanks with coral so it’s always a possibility lol) I will have more than enough carbon to soak up the toxins.
I keep a couple phosban reactors laying around for this reason. Just dont strip the water to quickly..... I usually increase the feedings a tad when running carbon.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back