Potters Angels

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has one of these? I'm a potters addict, and after searching long and hard I've found one that eats frozen and flake and DOES NOT eat coral. I've had him for about a month now and before that he was downstairs at a LFS for 3 months because I wanted to make sure he was going to do ok. I hope I'm not cursing myself by posting this, as I'll be VERY upset if he dies, but I was curious if anyone else has had any luck with them :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well did you see the pics of my potters. Got him eating flake food and anything else, then I gave him away 2 days ago. :( Beautiful and he was awesome, but I am fixing to start stocking some high end sps and I was scared. He was picking at parts of a monti cap.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
angel.jpg

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Rev :( I've got SPS in with mine and he's doing fine thus far *fingers crossed* There are few SPS in my tank that are worth me getting rid of my Potters Angel for, the rest would be given away before he'd go anywhere :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ya he wasnt bad, I just wasnt sure and since I am just starting out stocking I thought I would make a decision before it would have been real hard. I don't doubt at all that one can live in a tank and be a good citizen. :D

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't blame you one bit :) It's hit or miss with almost all dwarf angels, Potters are no exception. How big was your Potters? They are somewhat sexually dimorphic (mature males get very dark blue, almost black toward the tail) and I think mine is a male. I'll post pics if he decides not to be camera shy tomorrow.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the one i have in my 300 dosnt bother anything but i think when your tanks full of sps a little natural predidation is a good thing.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the one i have in my 300 dosnt bother anything but i think when your tanks full of sps a little natural predidation is a good thing.

Not in a 37g though! :D

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are gorgeous fish, there is a breeder in Hawaii that was breeding them and about guaranteed that they would not eat coral....

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's another thing that I would love to have but will never be able to afford :D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back