Powder Blue hasn't eaten in 3 weeks, starting to look bad in treatment.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an AsIan Grocery around? Tangs love Red to Reddish Brown Seaweed, Macro Algae. Many of these Market sell this Fresh.

OP
OP
Dakota_reef

Dakota_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your stress. While there are a lot of opinions out there, and often there is more than one way to proceed with an issue, choosing one way and then another often ends up being an issue of none of the comprises working. Once a problem has advanced to a point, there is often no good solution.

Tangs are not sensitive to coppersafe, so removing it if there is an active protozoan issue can be an issue. Nox Ich isn’t a good medication for use in cases like this.

I really appreciate your help.

I learned that nox ich wasn't good fairly quickly, but at this point I just want to help her as best I can. I'm going to assume it's still velvet with a secondary bacterial infection. I have Rally Pro lying around and that is supposed to help with secondary infections.

I've also purchased a new ammonia test kit since I'm also wondering if maybe there was some present but didn't show if the test kit was older. Hopefully that wasn't it. . . . but she's already acting better after my last water change.

OP
OP
Dakota_reef

Dakota_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll here's an unfortunate update. . . . just tested ammonia with a new test kit........... 2.0 ppm.

I'm killing her. that means it was probably 4.0 this morning before my water change.

She is going to be immediately given a 100% water change. . . .

OP
OP
Dakota_reef

Dakota_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, she did not make it. And I feel so awful for being the reason. out of all the fish I have had, she was really my first Tang. . .

Check your tests' expiration date folks. It could mean the difference between a successful treatment/QC and a devastating failure.

Thank you all for you help and advice.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back