Powder Blue looks terrible in the morn then looks fine by afternoon

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been home caring for my granddaughter for the past two days. So yesterday morning I noticed that my powder blue looked to have some malady. It looked like it was dusty and multiple parasites,
not the white specks of ick but like an injury or a disruption of the slime coat, and by the end of the day everything looked normal. I added fish about a 3-4 weeks ago from LA. Could this just been a poor nights sleep? or is there more.
thanks

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will need photos but it sounds like either velvet or brook. Guessing velvet due to quick change in appearance. If you didn’t quarantine there’s a high chance it’s one or both

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely isnt normal, possibly velvet, but no way to tell without seeing the fish. How long have you had it and any new additions recently?

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm rarely home in the mornings so I haven't noticed this event before. Is this the way velvet acts? I'll have some reading today, I seen the treatment chart and will have to treat the entire system any directions to start with?

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now a fresh water dip will confirm if its velvet if I understand correctly.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ChadLo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been home caring for my granddaughter for the past two days. So yesterday morning I noticed that my powder blue looked to have some malady. It looked like it was dusty and multiple parasites,
not the white specks of ick but like an injury or a disruption of the slime coat, and by the end of the day everything looked normal. I added fish about a 3-4 weeks ago from LA. Could this just been a poor nights sleep? or is there more.
thanks
So this is a thought... I don't know about the disease portion of this however, have you tested your PH in the morning? I was just thinking if it is contributing to any symptoms he may have of his illness?

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a thought... I don't know about the disease portion of this however, have you tested your PH in the morning? I was just thinking if it is contributing to any symptoms he may have of his illness?
No its a parisite. Just got home and lost a false yellow tang and a dusty powder blue.
20180425_194724.jpg
20180425_194729.jpg

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no disease expert but I would say that's probably velvet and you better start treating it and any other fish left in the tank asap.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back