Powder brown tang

View Badges
Please only buy captive breed will save you money and save a fish or 2 And less stress

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be a good idea if you get your QT tank cleaned and sterilized. Then get it ready for your new fish. This time I would observe fish and make sure there eating and then start copper and do copper for 30 days. This way if there is Ick or Velvet present you start killing it before it can take over. Follow the article on QT that Jay posted. This will save you heartache, money and stress.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hanna take less than 3 minutes and it gives you a reading down to .01, 'That's what I use and it takes all the guess work out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is what I'm using. This is all the lfs carries.

Fritz_CopperSafe_16oz_1000_1080_s.png
This is good. Did you get a reliable test kit to monitor therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 ? No API brand copper kit

bruce337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in same boat almost. PBT probably has flukes though- keeps rubbing belly/snout on glass side of tank and twitching a bit. not breathing heavy, no spots, no HLLD color is still good. Still eating, still energetic. Gets all excited when he sees me coming with his seaweed clip. He knows what the clip looks like even before I put it in tank and knows every other day he gets it. Once it's in he eats like a pig- poops a lot after too. Non clip days mysis and/or flake/pellets. I hate the seaweed/algae sheets though he leaves pieces of it all over then I have to clean it. But he REALLY REALLY likes his clip of seaweed- starts swimming in a circle at the top until I affix it to glass. its been 2 weeks and I have been alternating between Prazipro and mardel parashield 1 day praz 1 day para then a day off. No ammonia when tested, nitrate 5 rite 0 (Idk how I've kept them so low for so long) ph 8, temp 76 filters changed on 15th w/ 10% water change. I have lots of coral so no copper meds, my QT tank sprung a leak so thats out. I have 3 maroon goldflake clowns in with him no one else has any spots nor are they twitchign ot rubbing -the meds are probably good for a preventative for them. I've heard about FW dip I'm kind of scared it will stress him out and make things worse. plus i'd have to deconstruct all the caves in the tank to catch him that would stress every fish out. any ideas?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in same boat almost. PBT probably has flukes though- keeps rubbing belly/snout on glass side of tank and twitching a bit. not breathing heavy, no spots, no HLLD color is still good. Still eating, still energetic. Gets all excited when he sees me coming with his seaweed clip. He knows what the clip looks like even before I put it in tank and knows every other day he gets it. Once it's in he eats like a pig- poops a lot after too. Non clip days mysis and/or flake/pellets. I hate the seaweed/algae sheets though he leaves pieces of it all over then I have to clean it. But he REALLY REALLY likes his clip of seaweed- starts swimming in a circle at the top until I affix it to glass. its been 2 weeks and I have been alternating between Prazipro and mardel parashield 1 day praz 1 day para then a day off. No ammonia when tested, nitrate 5 rite 0 (Idk how I've kept them so low for so long) ph 8, temp 76 filters changed on 15th w/ 10% water change. I have lots of coral so no copper meds, my QT tank sprung a leak so thats out. I have 3 maroon goldflake clowns in with him no one else has any spots nor are they twitchign ot rubbing -the meds are probably good for a preventative for them. I've heard about FW dip I'm kind of scared it will stress him out and make things worse. plus i'd have to deconstruct all the caves in the tank to catch him that would stress every fish out. any ideas?
A freshwater dip won’t cure a fish of flukes, it may knock back their numbers to buy you some time, but really, I use them as a diagnostic tool.
How many doses of Prazipro have you run so far? I typically use a nine day spacing and dose 3x
Jay

bruce337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A freshwater dip won’t cure a fish of flukes, it may knock back their numbers to buy you some time, but really, I use them as a diagnostic tool.
How many doses of Prazipro have you run so far? I typically use a nine day spacing and dose 3x
Jay
did my 1st 2 days ago. then mardel today did mardel since last tues every other day

bruce337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk on 3rd round or prazi still rubbing glass... is he attacking his shadow maybe? no one elses got issues no spots, still eating, hes mad at his tankmate clown tang tho lol

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk on 3rd round or prazi still rubbing glass... is he attacking his shadow maybe? no one elses got issues no spots, still eating, hes mad at his tankmate clown tang tho lol
Seems like a tight schedule to have gotten 3 doses in already, but you should have seen some relief. The tang could be just being aggressive to its reflection, especially if it is rubbing at the same part of the tank all of the time. You could try putting a barrier on the glass there. I use Kydex sheet inside the tank, but it might work to tape something dark to the outside.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back