Power consumption monitoring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I know that with the previous power bar we can see the current consumption of the outlets. With the new 6E-PAB do we have the ability to chart it as well? Or is that just a software fix update that is needed?

I know that I found it useful to see when my heaters were switching on and off with the apex. And others have talked about watching power consumption of pumps as a way to manage maintenance.

Cheers, Tony

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I know that with the previous power bar we can see the current consumption of the outlets. With the new 6E-PAB do we have the ability to chart it as well? Or is that just a software fix update that is needed?

I know that I found it useful to see when my heaters were switching on and off with the apex. And others have talked about watching power consumption of pumps as a way to manage maintenance.

Cheers, Tony
@Marco@GHLUSA @Matthias Gross @Ditto I'm assuming that, because the Current power consumption* is visible it should just be a software change to allow that information to be stored and displayed?
If the charting is a problem would it be possible to add that data to what we can send out in notifications?

Cheers, Tony

*much more fun to call it the current Current, but for clarity's sake...

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to...

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/powerbar-6e-pab-usa-cnd/

"Also the power consumption of individual loads per socket can be measured separately (versions with PAB only). The integrated LEDs indicate the switching status of the individual outlets."

Is this not the powerbar in question?
Yep, and it does display the actual load in real time. But there is no way to monitor that information. Meaning it can't be logged. And more importantly it can't be used to trigger anything. So, for example, I would want to get an alert if the power consumption for my return pump drops.

Cheers,
Tony

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a major shortcoming if that was to be the case.

@Vinny@GHLUSA can you please confirm?

It's a feature that they are working on. The previous hardware didn't support it, the new one does. So now it is just a matter of updating the software. They have been coming out with new features fairly regularly, so hopefully not too long for this one.

Cheers,
Tony

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back