Power Outage and skimmer oveflowing

sarajo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem:
When the power goes out and fills my sump up, and then the power comes back on my skimmer overflows,
Solution: tell me if ya think this will work.
I have a reefkeeper lite(only had it about 2 weeks) shouldn't I be able to get a socket that will be able to plug 2 plugs into it, plug it into the power strip outlet that controls my Metal halide lights and keep this from happening? the outlet that controls the MH lights has a delay for 15 minutes when the power goes out so they don't start back up while hot. I would think that would be long enough for the water level to stablize in the sump.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should work becuase by the time it comes back on your sump should be back down to its normal lvl

ksc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're a genius Sarajo, why didn't I think of that! I lose power for 10-20 seconds about 3 times a week, and have both skimmers overflow atleast once a week. And I have one outlet available on my RKL. thanks.

OP
OP
S

sarajo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only problem is skimmer is only on when lights are on. I guess I can program a different plug for the metal halides and run the skimmer on the metal halide setting. there's got to be a way:wink:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back