!!!!!!!!!!Power-Pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sure enough the tipped over shots really seem to capture the frag well. Jared I hope you don't mind that I have borrowed your technique. Granted the quality of the pic still needs work but hopefully you guys can get the idea.

So here's the pack.. seven sweet collector acros. SOLD

1. Large tyree bali tricolor
2. Pink lemonade
3. BC Pearly Cadaver!
4. Rose Milli
5. Red dragon
6. German blue polyp acro
7. Bennet yellow tort.

IMG_1454.jpg

Last edited:

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking sticks Adam! I'm sure this pack wont last long with all those pieces at that price. My pack came in and the frags are in great shape, polyps out while still in the bags, and COLORED UP! Wow you are gettin amazing colors in your acros! Thanks again.

SoCaliReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daaang, beautiful pack Adam. If I didnt already have a few of those sticks I would definitely be all over this!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
do you run zoevit?

Not even close. My systems are technically "old School" I run a reactor, test alk daily and have two large refugiums. I dose nothing but fish food.

Kind of in the keep it simple camp and I believe that iwasaki 65ks are hands down the best halide bulb for sps period.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

This fantastic pack is still available!

Last edited:

Julius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not even close. My systems are technically "old School" I run a reactor, test alk daily and have two large refugiums. I dose nothing but fish food.

Kind of in the keep it simple camp and I believe that iwasaki 65ks are hands down the best halide bulb for sps period.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

You run nothin but 65k's? How do you get the colors? I mean obviously your growth is great im sure but tose things are sick as far as color goes.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You run nothin but 65k's? How do you get the colors? I mean obviously your growth is great im sure but tose things are sick as far as color goes.

Thanks for the question. No secret really.

I think people misunderstand the effect of bulb color on actual coral coloration. You are correct in thinking that under the 65k they do not fluoresce at all but I am completely convinced that the punch and spectrum of the 65k can pull colors out that no blue bulb can. I continually see corals get insanely pretty once they have been under them for a little while.

Of course you don't see the colors "pop" as much until you put them under a bluer bulb. The iwasaki 65's are as close I can get to replicating natural sunlight. And my sps just love them. Would I put them on my DT? I have thought about it but the answer is probably not. Certainly there are other factors involved in good coloration but the 65's are a good component, at least for my sps.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Been a while since I have heard anyone say that, now everone wants blue, blue and blue.

But you are right. I always loved that bulb with a few actinic tubes. It is a wide spectrum bulb, and even though its more white/yellow in color actualy has more blue than most 20 k bulbs. I think people forget most sps come from shallow water and are used to a wider spectrum. The sun is around 5,500 kelvin. So what would be the temp of the light just below the surface?.

Dave Polzin.

SoCaliReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I have heard anyone say that, now everone wants blue, blue and blue.

But you are right. I always loved that bulb with a few actinic tubes. It is a wide spectrum bulb, and even though its more white/yellow in color actualy has more blue than most 20 k bulbs. I think people forget most sps come from shallow water and are used to a wider spectrum. The sun is around 5,500 kelvin. So what would be the temp of the light just below the surface?.

Dave Polzin.
+1, the iwasaki even though a full spectrum bulb has a large peak in the 450-460nm range which is thought by many to be the best wavelength for corals..

kracer1025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if its the bulbs or exactly what it is but I just recieved this pack today and I must say these corals have the best color right out of the bag that I have ever recieved.
Thank you battlecorals for the great pack!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I dont know if its the bulbs or exactly what it is but I just recieved this pack today and I must say these corals have the best color right out of the bag that I have ever recieved.
Thank you battlecorals for the great pack!!

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate feedback like that and am happy they came in well.

And Hi there Dave,

I am guessing there was a time for you in the early day where the 65 may have have been your only option even. I'm running them on m-80's. Has proven to be a winning combo.

Thanks again guys,

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually when I got into the hobby is was basically Fluorescents. Grow lights that were for plants and the lamp that changed the game was the Phillips tl-03 actinic lamp. I believe the first reef lamp was the triton that was marketed for the reef hobby.

My first halide was the iwasaki though. I think early adopters of halides were using 5,500 kelvin lamps, I think they may have been made by venture.

Dave Polzin.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • None.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back