Power turkey baster

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a way to blow detritus easily and quickly off the rockscape and into the water column.

I will be trying this:

plus

= an electric turkey baster

I figure if it doesn't work well I could attach a hose and siphon ditritus out and into a bucket as a weekly WC

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
let us know how this works. what i do is use a sicce nano pump attached to a hose. plug it in but have the nano suction cupped to the glass and i point the hose to where i want to blow water to.

i then do the reverse to siphon out detritus in the sump to a filter sock at the intake side.

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i then do the reverse to siphon out detritus in the sump to a filter sock at the intake side.
Any issues with detritus hitting the prop? I was considering this as well.

What I really wanted was a pump with a sponge filter. So stir it all up, remove the hose and let the sponge take all the crap. I tried with one THIS and THAT but was too weak and didn't clean the water column well.

( @sicce @Tunze ) I'm shocked that someone hasn't made a rechargeable tiny powerhead that you can just blow detritus around quickly and easily with no mess or cords to deal with. I would use that 3x a week. Unplug, Blow, rinse in RODI water that I'm already using for routine maintenance.

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

markwayts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a way to blow detritus easily and quickly off the rockscape and into the water column.

I will be trying this:

plus

= an electric turkey baster

I figure if it doesn't work well I could attach a hose and siphon ditritus out and into a bucket as a weekly WC

I use a water pick for your teeth. Works good for me.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why don't you write something up - as an experiment - comparing 1/2 of the tank with the new product and 1/2 on the other - otherwise this forum is for reporting new experiments - as per the sticky at the top:) @Daniel@R2R

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back