Powerhead

Mmsetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
38g bowfront. Any information on how many gallons per hour i should get for a powerhead. Looking to create proper move by for fish and some hearty corals. I also have a magnum hot filter that provides good agitation at the top of the tank. But, would like to couple it with a powerhead.

Haven't found any info on how many gph is good for flow in a tank.

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, that is so much more than what I have seen as recommendations.

Personally I recommend 10x - 20x volume for flow in the DT, anything more than 20x is going to become too much for the fish, and probably would kick up your sand badly.

For sump flow 3x system volume is where I like it. Consider what you have in your sump that cleans the water, and what it is able to process, anything beyond that is a waste in my opinion, as there is no value add to simply pumping water around that is not getting cleaned.

It does not sound like the original poster has a sump so unless they are going to replace the canister filter with a sump there is no reason to make any changes to it.

On a 38 gallon you could go with a Jebao WP10 or WP25. The WP25 has to be kept around 50% for that size tank, I suspect that you could run a WP10 at full blast.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back