Powering MP10 with dc power from power station?

Evieeeeee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm not too familiar with electrical concepts and I had some questions that I was hoping to get answers to.

I'm preparing myself for a potential power outage in case the coming storm knocks out my power for a decent amount of time and wondering if it's possible to power my MP10 using the dc 12v/10a output on my portable power station. It has 2 dc5521 plugs and a car output port and I'm seeing people talk about how powering the MP10 with dc power is more efficient so I was wondering if it would be a better solution than plugging in the MP10 directly to the ac plug like you would regular devices? Even if it's not efficient is it possible to do a dc male to male plug to power the MP10? I'm not familiar with these plugs so unsure if I can just any male to male and make it work or if I need to do something specific.

For reference the power station I'm using is the Bluetti Power Station EB3A

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24V system is as simples as two 12v deep cycle batteries in series and a 24V NOCO AGM charger at Batteries Plus. It has works for all power outages for years now on MP40s. 24V Lithium batteries are still new to market and expensive but perhaps coming down in price. I can send picture if this interests anyone.

If at work it never fails so no emergency trip is needed. This is as important as any technique or care of sps knowledge in my area.

Last edited:

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have 24 volts by DC back up to where the wrapped 7 amp 12 v Ecotech nattery would go. It works just fine. I can send photo if you like

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back