Prazi or no for possum wrasse quarantine?

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a possum wrasse in quarantine being treated with chloroquine and I’m wondering if I should treat him with prazipro or general cure as well? He’s looking fine, eating and all…after a rough start when the shipping water was at 62 degrees. Also, the two yellow headed jawfish that were with him ended up dying..of what I’m not sure. I know wrasse can be sensitive to meds so I don’t want to over treat him either.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had issues with prazi and wrasses. I always under dose a little since prazipro is actually too high of a concentration. I believe GC has the right amount though.

However, I would not mix the prazi with CP. Easier on fish if you don't and easier on oxygen levels. Finish one treatment and than do the next.

OP
OP
Cherie cook

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had issues with prazi and wrasses. I always under dose a little since prazipro is actually too high of a concentration. I believe GC has the right amount though.

However, I would not mix the prazi with CP. Easier on fish if you don't and easier on oxygen levels. Finish one treatment and than do the next.
Thank you!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've also never had any issues with Prazi and wrasses. Prazipro dose is right in the sweet spot of 2.5 mg/l General Cure is at 2 mg/l, which is below the proper dose of 2.2 mg/l. I routinely dose bulk prazi powder up to 4 mg/l for 24 hours with no issues. I think the issues that are reported with Prazipro revolves around the solvent and then bacterial degradation of that and lowering dissolved oxygen.

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back