PraziPro fish swimming not as usual

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry title is odd - couldn’t figure out how to word it.

I am in day 3 of PraziPro treatment for flukes. My fish are way more active than usual racing around the tank.
Blue hippo tang - now has minimal rock scratching. Only scratching I’ve noticed that is new is black clownfish.
The tiger wrasse always swimming across the glass but he is way more active than usual
Are they having a bad reaction to PraziPro?
I was running 2 air stones for oxygen could I have been running them too high? I just took one out.

Side note - Last night I was vacuuming behind my tank and found my diamond goby dead. The dude took a flying leap out of the tank. He was on there at 1pm and I found him at 6pm. Poor guy. Covered that hole with tin foil until I can fix it a in case any others feel the needs to take a flying leap.

Thoughts? Link to 2 videos

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry title is odd - couldn’t figure out how to word it.

I am in day 3 of PraziPro treatment for flukes. My fish are way more active than usual racing around the tank.
Blue hippo tang - now has minimal rock scratching. Only scratching I’ve noticed that is new is black clownfish.
The tiger wrasse always swimming across the glass but he is way more active than usual
Are they having a bad reaction to PraziPro?
I was running 2 air stones for oxygen could I have been running them too high? I just took one out.

Side note - Last night I was vacuuming behind my tank and found my diamond goby dead. The dude took a flying leap out of the tank. He was on there at 1pm and I found him at 6pm. Poor guy. Covered that hole with tin foil until I can fix it a in case any others feel the needs to take a flying leap.

Thoughts? Link to 2 videos

Your wording was fine :)
Orazi takes a couple of days to kick in and go to work. While you will start to see improvement, it is just getting started. Despite the bottle recommendations, tthe most effective and safe method is to be safe , dose ONCE at 80% of recommended and allow it to do its thing for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite which may be what you refer to as reaction.

OP
OP
JennyH3

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the 80% the 1st day bc of the wrasse - some say don’t do with wrasse others have had no problems. Besides the leopard & fairy wrasse hiding yesterday (day 2) - couldn’t find them anywhere they seem fine. Came back out this am.
I put the other air stone back in.
i am hoping that the fast back and forth swimming is just trying to get the flukes out they are coming off.
Either way I’m not going to do a day 3 treatment today. I’ll wait until day like 6 or 7.
Just in case.
Thank you!!!
Unless anyone else thinks I should be concerned with the crazy fish swimming.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I dose Prazipro at 100% with good aeration.

Jay

Back