Prazipro in DT ?

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure it's ok to do it, but can it be dosed into your DT? I believe Im seeing signs of flukes, which baffles me considering everything gets QT'd. I am seeing rice grain sized clearish white spots on my Morrish Idols' front fins and some fish are scratching their heads and gills on the sand and rock. I do not believe it's ICH. What should the dose be? About half?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal dose as far as I know. I haven't done that in a long time. If your going to do it once, may as well do the 3 doses 5 days apart.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we were debating about cleaner shrimp a few days ago... How about a couple of those? I was actually going to post a thread about cleaner shrimp and flukes specifically to see if anyone knows for sure...

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal dose as far as I know. I haven't done that in a long time. If your going to do it once, may as well do the 3 doses 5 days apart.

+1 Just be careful not to overdose if you have wrasses.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure it's ok to do it, but can it be dosed into your DT? I believe Im seeing signs of flukes, which baffles me considering everything gets QT'd. I am seeing rice grain sized clearish white spots on my Morrish Idols' front fins and some fish are scratching their heads and gills on the sand and rock. I do not believe it's ICH. What should the dose be? About half?
I had to dose my DT a few months ago and never saw an issue. I ended up doing 3 rounds since I used a tad bit less than recommended because of my wrasses like @Humblefish mentioned. No signs since I dosed and everything looks the same, and I would dose again if the need arose without hesitating.

Last edited:

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we were debating about cleaner shrimp a few days ago... How about a couple of those? I was actually going to post a thread about cleaner shrimp and flukes specifically to see if anyone knows for sure...
Mine didn't do anything to it, that's why I dosed Prazipro.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many guys in the leopard wrasse threads swear by dosing prazi in their displays multiple times. I would if I had to with no reserve but I haven't had to yet luckily.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used prazipro in my display with no ill effects. Make sure you have your skimmer is dialed down to lowest setting or totally off since it will foam like crazy

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 125 and did about the amount that would cover a quarter less than the teaspoon per 20 gallons is recommended. Don't forget to include sump water volume as well when calculating dosage out. Looks like you'll need about 8fl oz to do 3 treatments (dosing new arrivals tomorrow if they are eating in qt).

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used prazipro in my display with no ill effects. Make sure you have your skimmer is dialed down to lowest setting or totally off since it will foam like crazy
X2

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 125 and did about the amount that would cover a quarter less than the teaspoon per 20 gallons is recommended. Don't forget to include sump water volume as well when calculating dosage out. Looks like you'll need about 8fl oz to do 3 treatments (dosing new arrivals tomorrow if they are eating in qt).

^^Good advice.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done prazi in my DT. I did see fading from my monti's but all recovered. This doesn't seem like a typical reaction, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Good luck :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back