Prazipro or Copper first?

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all so I got two new angels in Juvi Emporer and a pretty thick lemon peel angel. I fresh water dipped them both before adding them to the QT because I suspected flukes and definitely found some come off the Lemon peel also from time to time I see him yawn. The emporer is eating like an absolute champ literally whatever I throw in the tank he eats the lemon peel eats but not very much and seems to be very picky (could be the flukes) my question is since im not seeing any velvet or ich after 2 days of observing in the QT should I start with two rounds of prazipro since I know there's flukes? Or go with copper first. TY!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello all so I got two new angels in Juvi Emporer and a pretty thick lemon peel angel. I fresh water dipped them both before adding them to the QT because I suspected flukes and definitely found some come off the Lemon peel also from time to time I see him yawn. The emporer is eating like an absolute champ literally whatever I throw in the tank he eats the lemon peel eats but not very much and seems to be very picky (could be the flukes) my question is since im not seeing any velvet or ich after 2 days of observing in the QT should I start with two rounds of prazipro since I know there's flukes? Or go with copper first. TY!
With no parasite symptoms and verified flukes- yes on Prazi first @ One day day treatment interval, change water and one more 8 day treatment.
Then add carbon to reduce the prazi and then start Copper with coppersafe or copper Power for a FULL 30 days at therapeutic level 2.25 monitored with a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna brand, not Api
Also monitor ammonia level with a reliable test kit during treatment and would not be a bad idea to add an air stone for added oxygen during treatment for both

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With no parasite symptoms and verified flukes- yes on Prazi first @ One day day treatment interval, change water and one more 8 day treatment.
Then add carbon to reduce the prazi and then start Copper with coppersafe or copper Power for a FULL 30 days at therapeutic level 2.25 monitored with a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna brand, not Api
Also monitor ammonia level with a reliable test kit during treatment and would not be a bad idea to add an air stone for added oxygen during treatment for both
Sorry I think im misunerstanding on the @ one day treatment interval. The normal is do a prazi dose and then 8 days later water change and one more dose for 8 days right?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry I think im misunerstanding on the @ one day treatment interval. The normal is do a prazi dose and then 8 days later water change and one more dose for 8 days right?
Correct- Confusion by many is treating every day for 8 days- Its once for 8 day period
You have it right

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes me nervous about going with prazi first is that protozoan diseases kill a lot faster than flukes do. I’ve had people use prazi first, only to lose fish to velvet before the copper is started. Some people run copper and prazi at the same time, but that makes me uncomfortable.
The FW dip you did incoming will buy you some time with the flukes. Another option would be to start copper and repeat the FW dip two weeks in to buy a bit more time.
There isn’t any hard and fast rule here though…..
Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back