PraziPro procedure

mrbacony

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
With the advice of Jay and others on this board, I am almost at the 72 hour mark of my first dose of PraziPro. It seems to have worked and my blue tang looks great.

My question is what to do next. I have left the top off my skimmer this whole time. Since I am at 72 hours, I was planning to start running some carbon and Polyfilter to clear out the remaining meds. Should I do a water change now , or closer to day 8 or 9 right before I dose again? Can I also place the skimmer cup back on?

Last edited:
Click to join now!

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
With the advice of Jay and others on this board, I am almost at the 72 hour mark of my first does of PraziPro. It seems to have worked and my blue tang looks great.

My question is what to do next. I have left the top off my skimmer this whole time. Since I am at 72 hours, I was planning to start running some carbon and Polyfilter to clear out the remaining meds. Should I do a water change now , or closer to day 8 or 9 right before I dose again? Can I also place the skimmer cup back on?
Can you remind everyone what you're treating?

OP
mrbacony

mrbacony

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can you remind everyone what you're treating?
Yes, sorry. It was suspected my blue tang had flukes. I treated the DT using the PraziPro. The tang now appears to be fluke free. I am going to follow up on day 8 or 9 as recommended by Jay to kill any hatchlings from the eggs.

Peninsula Reef Tanks...

• I currently have one

Votes: 54 24.0%
  • I used to have one set up

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • I would like to try one in the future

Votes: 112 49.8%
  • No interest

Votes: 47 20.9%
Geo's Reef