PraziPro procedure

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the advice of Jay and others on this board, I am almost at the 72 hour mark of my first dose of PraziPro. It seems to have worked and my blue tang looks great.

My question is what to do next. I have left the top off my skimmer this whole time. Since I am at 72 hours, I was planning to start running some carbon and Polyfilter to clear out the remaining meds. Should I do a water change now , or closer to day 8 or 9 right before I dose again? Can I also place the skimmer cup back on?

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With the advice of Jay and others on this board, I am almost at the 72 hour mark of my first does of PraziPro. It seems to have worked and my blue tang looks great.

My question is what to do next. I have left the top off my skimmer this whole time. Since I am at 72 hours, I was planning to start running some carbon and Polyfilter to clear out the remaining meds. Should I do a water change now , or closer to day 8 or 9 right before I dose again? Can I also place the skimmer cup back on?
Can you remind everyone what you're treating?

OP
OP
mrbacony

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you remind everyone what you're treating?
Yes, sorry. It was suspected my blue tang had flukes. I treated the DT using the PraziPro. The tang now appears to be fluke free. I am going to follow up on day 8 or 9 as recommended by Jay to kill any hatchlings from the eggs.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you can re-add your skimmer, etc perhaps tomorrow. Would wait on the water change until before the second dose.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back