Prazipro to eliminate Vermetid snails bristle worms

Lee belk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would prazipro kill vermetid snails, bristle worms,sponges and other similar pest my rocks are plagued by them im sick of using a hose pipe to break them off and suck them out i have has my tank fallow since Christmas and all fish are still in qt and doing really well and won't be long until they can go back into main tank I have coral frags snails crabs starfish and shrimp in my main tank if I was to take them all out and put them in a holding tank would I be ok to dose prazi to kill the pests im thinking it would cause an ammonia spike for a while but after its settled down adding them back into it has anyone had success with this method at all I recently added fenbendazole because of an algae outbreak and its working better then I thought it would so I've got a bit excited with it and wanted to get rid of all the pests I hate in the tank before I add the fish I have stuff to cycle the tank

JayStro81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you're ready for fish in your display, get a wrasse. I have a sixline in my 40g and a yellow banded possum in my 20g. They both eradicated the vermetid snail population I had in both tanks and I've yet to see a bristle worm.

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my knowledge prazi will only kill worms. It should take care of the bristleworms. I've heard some of the best things to take care of vermetids are Bumblebee snails. Also, why would you want to kill sponge? It takes up nutrients and is great food for fish.
Edit: I also recommend the 6 line. They'll take care of bristleworms and flatworms. Same for yellow and green coris wrasse. I had a 6 line for a long time and I never saw bristleworms. He never touched a vermetid though..

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazi would work on fan worms and bristle worms. Any decorative worms would also get killed.
Vermatid are snails so shouldn’t affect them.
My bb snails don’t touch vermatids.
Manual removal is the only think I can think of for sponges, though I agree they are better than harmful most of the time.

OP
OP
L

Lee belk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you're ready for fish in your display, get a wrasse. I have a sixline in my 40g and a yellow banded possum in my 20g. They both eradicated the vermetid snail population I had in both tanks and I've yet to see a

OP
OP
L

Lee belk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good ideas for using wrasse but I have quarantined all my fish now with copper metro prazi and kana i had a velvet wipe out and im not wanting to qt another fish to be honest unless I do get a wrass at a later date and qt it and for the sponge there an eye sore to be honest I only had a few until I took fish out to qt them and by doing that I think a lot of beneficial bacteria died and caused a spike causing algea and sponge growth now there everywhere

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back