PRE BLACK FRIDAY - LIVE SALE - BEAT THE RUSH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im sorry but I don't get these live sales... any tips for a first timer? I messed up last time and just bought from the website
As we approach the date of reckoning I figured I would post some of my tips and tricks to having a successful live sale.

Tips and Tricks to Live Sales:

DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE!
You will not beat those of us on computers to those sweet $5 frags. Get on a computer with decent internet connection and you will be fine. At the same time have your mobile ready cause TSA VIPs get some snazzy deals via text during live sales.

#2 I have had great success using Google Chrome as my browser because Google saves all my passwords and can save your CC data if prompted.

#3 Use a browser auto refresher. There is an addon for chrome and you can set the frequency of the auto refresh. I have mine set to 7 seconds for most sales, but will drop it to 5 if needed.

#4 Make a list. And check it twice. No reason to accidentally buy the same frag twice.

#5 Set a budget before hand. Come up with what ever number best fits your personal expenses, and I just use a calculator to keep track and try to not go over.

#6 Buy the mystery frag. If one is offered buy that sucker because 9/10 it is a super quality piece that may not have been revealed during the live sale. TSA looks at your order and picks a frag that is in the same genre of the other corals in your order.

#7 Pace Yourself. This is a marathon not a sprint. Take breaks often and just chill in the chat. Also for every 20 minutes of screen time take 30 seconds and close your eyes.

That's all I have for right now I'll add more if I come up with anything or add some yourself so everyone can have fun during the sale.

Just a few tips to surviving a Live Sale.

Live Sales take a lot of practice to perfect, I myself have yet to score a $1 coral but I have snagged one or two $5s.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hate to be the only one to say...
But your timing is wrong TSA...

It says available from 11pm to 11pm both days...
Sorry! Someone had to point this out!
Wonder how many coral you can post in one second for both days!!!

You must have the whole team uploading at the same time that very second!
Skill! Love it!

Side note! I can’t wait for this to start!
I also signed up for the texting alerts.
My goal is to spend a few dollars... or just not tell my wife!
I’ll ask for forgiveness later:)

lol Thank you for pointing that out, but we plan on posting over 1400 corals in less than one second. We're breaking records ladies and gentleman! And I always say it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission lol.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
im sorry but I don't get these live sales... any tips for a first timer? I messed up last time and just bought from the website
Well technically you will always purchase the corals on our website. The only difference is we post the available corals on this thread first before it goes live on the site. This gives those that are following this thread an opportunity to check out before someone on the site even sees it. After about 5 seconds of being posted on in the thread it goes live on the site for everyone to see.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Guys, the tenuis that are going to be released during this live sale are NASTYYYYY.
(I just finished photographing them haha)
I hope to see you all on Saturday and Sunday for some fun!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This will be the most diverse live sale ever! Make sure you guys set those alarms!

49035194103_02a61e3d1c_z.jpg
49035916162_9c52e83e48_z.jpg

49035696531_5483ee6182_z.jpg
49031225542_e9b28e239f_z.jpg

49040100343_d03ec43d45_z.jpg
48991019658_9b66177289_z.jpg

Steve_Skullsplitter0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, create an account on the vender website. Enter you shipping and payment info before hand if possible. Buying a shipping module before sale usally helps here. Follow the sale thread on r2r refreshing the r2r thread page often like every 2 seconds.

Redleg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 character password is ridiculously long. I won't set up an account because of it. Good luck with your sale.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh boy.. can't wait. top shelf = top quality.. hope you have multiple of the daydream, fruity pebbles, bubble yum.. etc

Bigbadfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You show how to enter a coupon code for checkout got any coupon codes I can practice with?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TopShelfAquatics , whats the names of the two new release acro photos you posted on the first page?

And that TGC Cherry Bomb I got from you at Reef Dreams has some crazy PE!!!

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back