PRE-ORDER: EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w LED Light Fixture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w LED Light Fixture

$749.00 w/ Free Shipping

Radion's superior quality and sleek design are a testament to EcoTech Marine's commitment to the best in aquarium technology.

The Radion XR30w is equipped with 34 energy-efficient LEDs in five controllable colors, hyper red, green, blue, royal blue and cool white. The Radion LED light is fully upgradeable -- specifically designed to be an evolving lighting solution. Radion is completely configurable via USB connectivity to set up advanced modes. Radion's wide light spread means more coverage and consistent color.

SPECIFICATIONS
EcoTech utilizes only the best of what's available in providing a functionally superior product. Five channels of high-efficiency, high-intensity LEDs represent the current best in purpose-designed LED lighting.

Dimensions:
  • Length: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
  • Width: 7 inches (18 cm)
  • Thickness: 1.5 inches (3.9 cm)

LED
  • 8x Cree XP-G Cool White LEDs run at 5w each
  • 8x Cree XP-E Blue LEDs run at 3w each
  • 10x Cree XP-E Royal Blue LEDs run at 3w each
  • 4x Cree XP-E Green LEDs run at 3w each
  • 4x Osram Oslon SSL Hyper Red LEDs run at 3w each

FEATURES
More than just light fixtures, the Radion lighting line is specifically designed to be an evolving lighting solution. Full-spectrum, fully adjustable, upgradeable, advanced lighting conditions, wireless connectivity and much more.

• 34 energy-efficient LEDs
  • Fully adjustable for growth and appeal
  • Output optimized for PAR
  • Wide light spread
  • Minimal color banding
  • Fully upgradeable
  • Modular LED cluster, lens and driver assemblies
  • Capacitive touch exterior controls
  • Revolutionary heat sink design
  • Switching power supply
  • Evolving software and firmware
  • Smart multi-light wireless functionality
  • Easy import and export of saved modes
  • Real-time clock
  • Multiple light period programmable

WIRELESS ENABLED
Wouldn’t it be cool if the Radion communicated wirelessly with other Radion units and coordinated with other EcoTech equipment?

Well, it does.

Radion comes equipped with EcoTech's custom-designed RF module. Radion lights will communicate with any EcoSmart “w†enabled VorTech pumps in addition to any future equipment designed to work on the EcoSmart platform. Coordinated night mode, storms and other light- and water-synchronized features are what you can expect from the wireless functionality that comes standard with the Radion.

BATTERY BACKUP
Blizzard. Hurricane. A motorist hits a utility pole. Stuff happens. The power goes out… the Radion is fully compatible with the EcoTech Battery Backup.

In the event of a power outage, lack of light energy over the aquarium results in corals switching from photosynthesis (producing oxygen) to respiration (consuming oxygen). When used with a Battery Backup accessory, the Radion emits low levels of light intended to prevent corals from respiring, and therefore; your Radion will help to maintain an oxygen-rich environment for your fish during this critical time period.

xxbrianxx

View Badges
Reaction score
any pictures of these over a tank?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
mix w/ MH and T5

any one put this in combo with a MH or T5....will the MH wash it out....I need something middle 'opening' of my 180 for supplementation. seems kinda of pricey for a supplement light, but on the other hand, going with a strip or bunch of them won't do the tank justice.....

also what is the spread of the two lights. This is something that got my attention right away. If I put in over the middle opening, what coverage can I expect to the left and right of the fixture....?

Dank Sinatra

View Badges
Reaction score
Cool Blue, Red, Green and Cool white? At that Ratio? Interesting choice...Theres a couple different Aesthetics discussions going and the consensus seems to be RB and NW at a 2:1 is the optimum spectrum. Everything Ive read has claimed Red,Cool White and Green are obsolete, and Blue to be used at a very low ratio. Some have had good results with maybe one or two Magenta. Just my 0.2

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Good Question

any one put this in combo with a MH or T5....will the MH wash it out....I need something middle 'opening' of my 180 for supplementation. seems kinda of pricey for a supplement light, but on the other hand, going with a strip or bunch of them won't do the tank justice.....

also what is the spread of the two lights. This is something that got my attention right away. If I put in over the middle opening, what coverage can I expect to the left and right of the fixture....?

The fixture has a light spread of approximately 24". One of our staffers says he was almost able to illuminate his entire 36" wide tank with a single fixture.

The light is very bright, although it might get washed out by a powerful metal halide light. It would probably work as a supplement to a 150W MH light, but this is speculation.

EcoTech's customer service is second to none, so you might wanna hit them up on Facebook or Twitter. This is their baby so they'll probably have more insight than we can provide at this time. We'll be better equipped to answer your questions once the lights arrive in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
LED Color Choices

Cool Blue, Red, Green and Cool white? At that Ratio? Interesting choice...Theres a couple different Aesthetics discussions going and the consensus seems to be RB and NW at a 2:1 is the optimum spectrum. Everything Ive read has claimed Red,Cool White and Green are obsolete, and Blue to be used at a very low ratio. Some have had good results with maybe one or two Magenta. Just my 0.2

Advanced Aquarist has a nice preview of the Radion that is now accompanied by a video from Mr. Saltwater Tank. In our tests with the EcoTech Radion prototype, the colors blended really, really well together since they are positioned so closely to one another. The color combination and placement may be why they decided not to inlude Magenta, since each channel can be adjusted separately.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
30" x 30" Aquarium

so do you think a 30"x30" cube would be okay with a single light fixture???? thanks..

Thank you for your question! A single unit may work over a 30" x 30" aquarium if the fixture is mounted high enough to achieve complete light spread.

EcoTech posted a cool photo from MACNA on their Facebook page today that shows the controls.

Back