Pre-Order Euroquatics E5 Retrofit T5 LED Lamps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for answering, just ordered a couple blue's. This will really clean up the led supplemental situation for anyone with a t5 fixture.

I will also take some before and after par measurements and post the results once I change out the lights.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for answering, just ordered a couple blue's. This will really clean up the led supplemental situation for anyone with a t5 fixture.

I will also take some before and after par measurements and post the results once I change out the lights.

Excellent! That sounds awesome (and thank you for shopping). You are welcome to share your findings directly with us (we'd love that!) by emailing [email protected].

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Will do, i'll pm the link once I take the measurements.

3305936473_60627113e4_o.jpg

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Just ordered a 36" blue POP to replace one of my t5 bulbs in my Aquaticlife 6 bulb t5 light fixture. Keep you guys posted on my results!

Excellent! Thank you for being an early adopter. We are very anxious to hear what everyone thinks. :D

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
I am sure someone has asked this already but which of these would be a good replacement for ATI Coral+ and ATI Blue+?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I am sure someone has asked this already but which of these would be a good replacement for ATI Coral+ and ATI Blue+?

The Blue Pop will be a good replacement for the Blue+, while the Cool Daylight will be a good replacement for the Coral+. The Marine Pink should be available in about 2 months. We are anticipating it to be similar to a Purple+, but will have to wait till we're able to get our hands on them to confirm.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So these bulbs will last for 5yrs without changing spectrum or burning out?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
So these bulbs will last for 5yrs without changing spectrum or burning out?

All bulbs begin to reduce in output and shift in spectrum as soon as they are used. Fortunately, LEDs degrade in output and shift in spectrum a lot slower then T5 or Metal Halide bulbs.

The estimated usable life for the E5 bulbs is up to 8 years—which is extremely impressive compared to 9-12 months for T5 or metal halide bulbs.

They also have a 3-year manufacturer warranty from Euroquatics for the bulbs burning out (manufacturing defects), which is also extremely good as most T5 or Metal Halide manufacturers only offer 30 days.

kevinn9369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ill try them out to see how they work but let me ask what is the life span of the lamps ??

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
would be great if Marine Depot and/or manufacturer could get a resident lighting expert to weigh in on their thoughts on e5.
Send some freebies to Sanjay Joshi and encourage a long-term trial run. His full report will be valued

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
How is it that they can last 8 years from 9-12 months. It just sounds like its to good to be true. I hoping it's true Cuz I'm in the market for new light fixture for my new tank.

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
E5+vs+T5HO+Lamp+Performance+-+475.jpg So I found this image it compares the T5 vs E5 bulbs, how is it that the chart showing that the T5 last up to 5 years and the E5 lasting 8 years. When we change out the T5 once a year how do we know that the E5 will last 8 years is there 8 years of data for these bulbs over a thriving coral tank. I'm asking because I don't want to just jump into something new on the market.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back